Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2FA - Copy paste nor Safari fill in work on mac

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
curtismu
Aspirant
Aspirant

You can not copy and paste the OTP on the mac.  You can not use Safari to autofill the OTP.

Also on my iPhone, if you accidentally put the cursor in the wrong place it fills in the OTP wrong (so if on the second box, it only fills in 5 numbers.)

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi curstismu,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback about this. We would recommend you to enter the passcode manually instead of copying and pasting. 

curtismu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not a valid answer. It's a bug. I use MFA in 30+ other websites and mobile products. You are the only one who does not allow it
kohlab
Aspirant
Aspirant

I go to arlo.com quite frequently to check video and find this annoying. Instead of presenting one blank for the two-step verification code that's texted to me, it presents six blanks, one for each digit. This forces me to type in the number manually rather than use the helper that Apple presents in Safari. Plus, if I type it too quickly, it skips blanks. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 10.46.58 AM.png

I imagine verification entry on the site was implemented this way because it seemed cool, but it only gets in the way. Please replace the six blanks with one.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation