Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 Base Stations, 10 Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
abcrulz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I have recently purchased an Arlo Pro 2 System with 5 cameras and a base station. I was thinking of adding more cameras to my set up, however, having more than 5 cameras would incurr a monthly fee. So I looked into the price difference between buying 5 new cameras (to add to my existing set up) vs buying the bundle with 5 cameras and a basestation and the price difference is only $24. So financially, it would make more sense to just buy a whole new system with the cameras and base station. I have found that per account, you cannot have more than 5 cameras with out a subscription, but can I simply connect a new basestations and the 5 cameras to another account and grant my main account access to view them? This way I would have 10 cameras total without any Arlo subscription.

Thanks 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While this is possible, there are many benefits to having an Arlo Smart Subscription outside of being able to view additional cameras. Take a look here for more information on the benefits of an Arlo Smart subscription: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

abcrulz
Aspirant
Aspirant

From the link, it says that Arlo Smart Premier gets you 10 camera support, rolling 30 days of cloud recording and person, animal, and package detection. If I was to buy another base station with cameras, I would also get the benefit of being able to run 10 cameras. I don't know how much I really need 30 days of cloud recording as the 7 days recording that I have at the moment seems to be sufficient for what I need. Additionally, I'm not too sure how useful person, animal and package detection would be. Is it worth the subscription fee?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

abcrulz,

Smart Activity Zones and Smart Alerts go a long way in helping filter out unwanted alerts and motion detection events. Take a look here for more information on how you could benefit from utilizing the features of Arlo Smart: What is Arlo Smart and how can I benefit from it?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation