Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Taiwan88
Guide
Guide
I used Pro2 for 3 month. Initially the sound and microphone worked well. However, after 2.6.0 recently, I just noticed that whenever I use the microphone, the sound will be lost after. I had rebooted the station but it kept the same. It seems not a problem from the camera, but the system software. Anyone has that problem too?
39 REPLIES 39
trainland
Tutor
Tutor

think that has happened on all devices with this latest update, mine not working either. PLEASE FIX PUSH TO TALK ASAP

Parroutoux
Initiate
Initiate

Also suddenly lost audio use of Arlo Pro 2 microphone??   Was working fine until recent update??

mstevenson
Initiate
Initiate
Same issues as above. Since the recent update, no sound from cameras to app. most times. When I do have sound, it is turned off after trying to use the push to talk function and does not return. Closing the app and restarting does not solve the issue.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you still experiencing this issue after the 2.6.1 update to the mobile app?

JamesC

Taiwan88
Guide
Guide
Seems better now. But one of the microphone logo disappeared after I pressed it.
DayDad
Apprentice
Apprentice
Still the same issue with the latest app update. Mind you my cameras and base station have been unable to update to be latest firmware either. They keep saying there’s no update available even though I see there has been new firmware updates for the base station and cameras. That may be part of my audio issues as well.

jessielass
Initiate
Initiate
Hi,
We just bought 3 cameras today and have version 2.6.3 we quickly noticed MANY functionality issues as mentioned in this thread, however it appears that none of the issues listed by other members have been resolved yet.
Because of this we are considering returning the cameras and they appear to be false advertising regarding functionality and far too much admin, especially for their price!!
Could this please be sorted ASAP..
Also the footage is NOT 1080p as advertised. It is incredibly grainy and laggy.

Regards,
A very disappointed customer
Parroutoux
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same trouble now..........microphones used to work fine, now I can hear external sound, but MICROPHONE WILL NOT CONNECT SO I CAN SPEAK THROUGH CAMERA SYSTEM........VERY ANNOYING .....needs to be fixed!

DavidCruiseSF
Star
Star
The problems are never resolved and only seem to get worse. If you haven’t installed the cameras yet, my suggestion is to return them. Main reason, customer support is the worst, and dealing with them is painful, and you still won’t have your problems resolved.
DavidCruiseSF
Star
Star
Nothing gets sorted out, and contacting cusomter support is a futile and frustrating effort that will only waste your time and raise your blood preassure. Return them while you can and start with someone else’s cameras.
JOELSM
Initiate
Initiate

Just set up 6 camera pack and have issues with the speaker/microphone as described by many here losing audio after using the speaker function ...very disappointing to see this is an ongoing issue with seemingly no resolution from arlo/Netgear.  Also, these are not recording 1080, cameras are grainy and pixelated.  Seems like false advertising.  These cameras are too expensive for poor backend service.  Not sure I’ll keep these cameras....appears arlo provides very poor customer service.   I really wanted to like these cameras.  

Anyone know now of a resolution?

Diana6515
Guide
Guide

My 5 Also Pro 2 cameras are all experiencing the same thing. I can hear sound from a camera until I push the PTT button, and when I let go after speaking I can no longer hear sound from the camera.

All my firmware on my cameras and base station are up to date. I also tried resetting the base station, but the problem persists. 

Taiwan88
Guide
Guide
Sad to hear that. That’s an unsolved problem since last year.
Diana6515
Guide
Guide

The latest update has fixed this problem for me. I can now hear sound on my iPhone, even after using PtP.

DocDup1
Initiate
Initiate

I must have read a hundred messages here and I still can not find a way to make the speakers on my Arlo Pro cameras work. The system has been worthless in terms of the talk function since I installed it. Everytime I contact Arlo, they say that they are working on a solution. They blame it on Apple due to an update., I am trying to use it on both Apple and Android systems and no luck. I can transmit, but I have to hold the camera to my ear to hear it. Bad product and even worse customer support.

DocDup1