Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Taiwan88
Guide
Guide
I used Pro2 for 3 month. Initially the sound and microphone worked well. However, after 2.6.0 recently, I just noticed that whenever I use the microphone, the sound will be lost after. I had rebooted the station but it kept the same. It seems not a problem from the camera, but the system software. Anyone has that problem too?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Diana6515
Guide
Guide

The latest update has fixed this problem for me. I can now hear sound on my iPhone, even after using PtP.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
DayDad
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi,

I’ve been having issues with two way audio. For some reason it does not seem to want to work properly. When I first got the Arlo Pro when it was first released it was working fine. But now after subsequent updates it does not work.

I am using iOS 12.0.1 and an iPhone 6s. My internet speed is 100Mbps upload and download.. Whenever I hit the microphone button it takes a while for the hold to speak icon to come up. When it does I talk and I can hear audio from the camera. However, after that I get no audio back on my phone when I release the talk button. Sometimes the image even freezes and I have to shut the app down and restart the app. I do get audio when I simply use Live View. However, whenever I use the two way audio I can get one sentence out and then it either freezes or no audio can be heard back. I can push the microphone talk button again and try to talk but audio no longer comes out of the camera.

This has been ongoing for months now and I would have thought that it would have been fixed by now. I am using the latest version of the app as well. Anyone having this issue or know of a solution.
DavidCruiseSF
Star
Star
Yes, same problem after this update. My 10 camera system has become useless.. All of my preview screens tell me there is no power (no kidding, it’s a wireless camera) and the microphone function is useless, you can’t listen or view live without constantly restarting the screen. They should really consider going back to the last rev, this one for iOS is horrible.
Taiwan88
Guide
Guide
Besides that, I didn’t see the alarm icon anymore. Don’t understand why this can be called an updated app.
Taiwan88
Guide
Guide
I just found that I need to drag the gray bar down to see the Alarm icon, very tricky.
JNewton
Initiate
Initiate

I am able to hear from the camera until I use the push to talk. The push to talk works, but when I release the mic icon the camera speaker no longer works. I am using app version 2.6.0

tonyhua
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

is there any one experiencing "Push to talk" issue?

- camera firmware 1.125.11.3_26229

- base station firmware 1.11.9.0_26520

- Arlo app on iPhone Xs with ios 12.0.1

After I hit "Push to talk" and hold it, I heard sould like a wind, water bubble sound or sound same as you setup a fire in the fireplace 🙂 from the camera, i tried to talk through my iPhone while pressing & Holding microphone icon, all i heard is those sounds, then I released this button and heard nothing, not my voice at all, weir!

Tried on ipad with ios 12.0.1, worse, heard nothing at all

Tried on both wifi and LTE 4G, same result!

please confirm this is a bug

any advices would be appreciated

thanks

m1loo9
Initiate
Initiate

I updated to the new version of 2.6.0. Whenever I tried using the microphone, I couldn't hear what I just said over the microphone, followed by no sound from the camera. I had to quit the app and tried again to watch the live camera with noise. Once I pressed on the microphone again, the same problem occurred again.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

DayDad,

Have you rebooted the base station? What firmware version are you running on the base station/camera? Is this issue isolated to one camera?

Cazual_wear
Initiate
Initiate
Same thing is happening to my camera. It just started after the latest update!
DayDad
Apprentice
Apprentice

My base station is stuck on firmware version 1.11.4.0_25837 and my cameras are 1.092.0.17_25364. I’ve tried manually updating but it says no updates are available. I have attempted to power cycle the base station as well. No luck on getting the update message. I tried live chatting with an Arlo agent and was just told to power cycle the system and reboot my home router which I did and still no success on getting the firmware updates.

The issue is still ongoing with two way audio.  It seems to affect all cameras.  Sometimes my voice comes through the camera.  Sometimes it doesn't.  As well after releasing the talk button the live feed has no sound so I can never hear the other person.  I would have to stop the feed and and hit the live button again if I wanted to hear sound again which defeats the purpose of two way audio.  I did notice that the video also lags substantially after pushing the push to talk button and when it returns to live feed with no sound.  

I'm not sure if it could be a firmware issue or not as I am unable to update to the latest release that came out Oct 14, 2018.  Is my firmware for the base station and cameras out of date?

Cazual_wear
Initiate
Initiate
My camera’s firmware is 1.092.0.19_262228

And base station is 1.11.9.0_26520

And after I try and talk I can’t hear the cameras either. Haven’t noticed a lag but I will look at that tomorrow.

Very annoying because it worked before this update.
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Perfect description of the way my arlo pro2 system has “worked” since installed in Jan 2018. Consistently bad 2 way talk, regardless of “updates”. In its current state it is not a feature to rely on, not useful in any way.
ayoon
Initiate
Initiate
Was there a recent software update? My push to talk button has disappeared.. Also, I was having issues with audio staying muted after letting go of the push to talk button. Thanks.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

DayDad,

Do you have a screenshot of the Base Station Firmware?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Taiwan88 and @DavidCruiseSF,

Are you saying that the speaker does not work after you use the microphone? What devices are you using to experience this issue?

SP001
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here - Mic functionality is now not useable. As soon as you touch the tiny mic icon, the camera audio stops and doesn’t return.
I use iPhone XS running iOS 12.0.1
yvonnehawaii
Initiate
Initiate

Since the last upate this month 10-2018 I have had lots of issues.  The icons that were present before the update are gone.  Importantly the bell to sound the alarm has vanished. It is not even found in the settings.  The battery icon is gone and now we need to go to settings for the battery and even the unviewed recordings icon is gone. 

Also my microphone is now malfunctioning and it worked fine before update.  If I use the microphone it is slow to connect then it freezes the live screen and I have to close the app and sign back in. 

Just got the cameras and thought it was great-with the old app-now it is frustrating and I am thining of returning Verizon both cameras.

This is not rocket science-put the old app back please.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating the issue with some users not able to hear any sound after touching the mic icon. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

DayDad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Shayne,

The base station firmware somehow has managed to self update to the current firmware version as of Oct 14, 2018.  It must've done it yesterday sometime.  However, my cameras are still stuck on firmware version 1.092.0.17_25364.  I canot get it to update to the new firmware version.  

Here is a screenshot of the firmware for my cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the base. If no good, try reinserting camera batteries (just try one first).. If still no good, remove a camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

DavidCruiseSF
Star
Star
Yes that is just ONE of many problems!

I am running iOS 12.0.1 on iPhone X - Verizon

First of all, the two step process that would first connect to the camera has been brought down to this single process of holding the button and hoping your mic audio gets to the camera, but you won’t know because as soon as you release the mic button you no longer hear the camera side audio and it never comes back. You have to close down the camera feed (if you can) and restart it OR shutdown the app entirely and restart that feed.

By the way, all of the live feeds have trouble, not just this audio issue. They are all grainy and not showing up in 1080, and the refresh rate is incredibly slow and the display is constantly pixelated.

Ohh yeah, and Geofencing with two devices doesn’t work, and it never has. That’s really important and needs to be fixed. There’s no point in having a camera solution with alarms that can’t arm/disarm, and force me to take manual action on my phone every single time. If you guys can’t fix this, why are you selling it???
tater2
Initiate
Initiate

I have been trying to get push to talk working after the ios uodate.  I can hear audio before I push the mic button.  After the audio has connected, I hear my voice from the speaker but the retun audio to the phone stops working.  I am standing in front of the camera but I do not hear any audio on the phone from the camera.  If I close the app and try again, I can hear audio until I press the push to talk button again.  All audio from my 5 cameras stops.

ios 12.0.1

app ver 2.6.0

If I use the chrome browser on my pc it works fine.  I can hear audio before and after pressing the push to talk button.

Is there a solution for this?

AbJ
Initiate
Initiate
On iPhone app only, hold down microphone. Subjects can hear me, I can’t hear them when they try to talk back to me. I have called support, they haven’t helped me. I restarted the base station. I downloaded the latest Arlo app. I updated my phone software. I really think it is an app issue because it is working on my desktop. I have deleted the app and tried reinstalling it. Please help me because when I contact them through the phone they arn’t helping. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
MuldoonK
Initiate
Initiate

I can hear sound but once I press that mic button, the speaker works, and the person can hear me, but then the sound goes dead and I can not hear what they are saying back.  I have an iphone 7 and I have version 2.6.0 of the Arlo Ap.