Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Waydor
Follower
Follower

Just recieved 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras, base and doorbell. Only issue is an 18-20 second delay in live video to my phone Arlo app. Camera is 10ft from At&t router and Arlo base. Getting 144Mbps. I understand a 2-3 second delay. But this is not acceptable.

10 REPLIES 10
steve_t
Master Master
Master

144Mbps down yeah? What about your upload and ping?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, what phone and OS? Slower phones will slow down the process, too.

drsquid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Using an iphone x with up to date software. getting 2 bars on the camera 

drsquid
Aspirant
Aspirant

ping 13ms download 335.81 upload 41.7

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Very common problem with Arlo now a days. My camera lags in live views so much now, I give up and log into my Ring. I just put a Ring camera next to my one Arlo in my frontyard for constant issues like this from Arlo. Once I get more ring cameras, I'm tossing these Arlo in the garbage.
drsquid
Aspirant
Aspirant
I literally just took them out of the box. Sad to hear this is not a fixable problem for the price
Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you get the lag using the mobile app while it is connected to your local router/modem 2.4Ghz wifi? If so, does the modem have 5Ghz capability.
I have moved all my 2.4Ghz devices to use the 5Ghz wifi and I now don’t have lag issues. 2sec lag for me is normal.
Don’t use the web portal with chrome as flash is useless.
drsquid
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ah. Switched to 5. The camera closest to the base now is about 2 seconds. The one by the door is about 5. So much better.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Glad it’s better, there’s a few other work arounds to improve things.
Remove any pinch and zoom settings from all of your cameras. Use the reset under the video thumbnail from the camera video settings page using the web browser. Wait for the thumbnail to update first before applying the reset.
This should also improve your press to talk camera performance.

Remove any activity zones on your cameras, after doing this, check the schedule, modes and rules that they aren’t altered, you may need to re-edit them.

Hope this helps.
T333
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I know if it’s connected to the 5g wifi.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation