Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 out of 3 cameras loses connection

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
antoniosantos75
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the cameras for 3 months and everything had worked fine. Three days ago 1 of the 3 cameras lost connectivity. The system is:

https://www.costco.com/arlo-pro-2-indoor/outdoor-wireless-hd-3-camera-security-system.product.100489...

1) replaced the battery -  did not work

2) restarted base - did not work

3) removed the camera and synced it again - worked, but lost connection minutes after it was back outside

4) repeated #2 - same result

The problem camera is the one closest to the base. The other 2 cameras are further away and work fine. I also have 3 lights that work just fine.

Please help.

11 REPLIES 11
johnboydavis
Apprentice
Apprentice

im having same problem. spoke to support that thinks the base unit is faulty BUT today seems to be fine then started again. I will say support do not know what they are doing. Asked how I connected the base station 2.4ghz or 5ghz yet the base has to be wired

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @antoniosantos75

Is it possible to switch locations with the trouble camera/working camera? You can also try and use one of the batteries from a working camera and test.

antoniosantos75
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried 3 different batteries.

I have moved the camera to 3 different spots. Next to the base being one of them. And the camera keeps losing connection and going offline.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @antoniosantos75

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

antoniosantos75
Aspirant
Aspirant

By email, yes. Sent a message, with description of problem, serial number, etc, yesterday. Have not heard back.

By phone, no. Will try, even if I am over the 90 days support is supposedly available by phone. My system was delivered 08/30/19.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@antoniosantos75

Please feel free to give support a call & they will be glad to assist you. 

johnboydavis
Apprentice
Apprentice

do you have an Arlo chime or door bell?? found they are the problem for my cameras going offline

antoniosantos75
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, but I have 3 lights.

johnboydavis
Apprentice
Apprentice

lights are fine I have 9 of them and they use their own base unit and use Bluetooth, got a new base unit and had same trouble cameras going offline but if I don't connect the chime and bell the cameras all work fine

antoniosantos75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, the lights are connected to a bridge. The cameras are connected to the base station. To me it seems my problem is with the camera and not the base. The 2 other cameras I have have no issues. And are further from the base than the one with problems. Though I have moved the one with problems and it has issues regardless of distance to the base

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@antoniosantos75 wrote:

To me it seems my problem is with the camera and not the base.

Reading through your symptoms, I agree with your assessment.

Phoning support is the next step.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation