Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 battery drains rapidly

Pro 3 battery drains rapidly

My Pro 3 is going through a battery every three to five days. It monitors one part of my yard while an Ultra monitors the other. The Ultra could easily go three to four weeks. Any help would be appreciated as at this rate I’m concerned my batteries won’t last very long.
View Entire Topic
JamesC
Community Manager

Limiting live stream usage and motion/audio triggered events as well as ensuring optimal camera positioning are the best ways to maintain good battery life.

Arlo wire-free camera batteries last approximately 3–6 months with average use. More usage will result in less battery life expectancy.

Poor signal strength can cause the camera to have a difficult time maintaining it's connection to the base station/SmartHub. If your camera isn't showing the maximum signal strength on the WiFi icon within the Arlo mobile app, you could try repositioning it or the base station/SmartHub with which it is synced, to improve performance.

If you are receiving unwanted motion detection events, you could try reducing the cameras sensitivity until it's only capturing what you want, allowing it to preserve battery life.

Lastly, you could add a solar panel. Arlo solar panels are a great solution for keeping your battery topped up for cameras with higher than average usage.