What is Wink and how can I use it with my Arlo cameras?

What is Wink and how can I use it with my Arlo cameras?

This article applies to:

Wink is a smart home platform that lets you monitor, control, and automate your favorite connected products no matter where you are.

The Wink mobile app is the command center for your Wink smart home. Available for free download on the Apple App Store and Google Play, the Wink app includes the following features:

• Individual product control: Every product that you connect with Wink displays on the home screen of the app. From there, to check the status of a product, you can select it and adjust settings as needed.
  • Robots: Robots let you program products to work together automatically based on triggers, such as location or activity. For example, you can create a Robot that turns on your smart lights automatically if your Arlo camera detects motion (or sound, if applicable). For more information about Robots, visit the following Wink blog post: http://blog.wink.com/wink-blog/2016/1/12/how-to-create-a-wink-robot.

The Wink app's Schedules and Shortcuts features currently do not work with Arlo cameras.

If you own several home automation products, such as smart lights, smart locks, or a smart speaker, you can use Wink to connect your home automation products in the following ways:

• Use Wink to turn on your exterior lights when motion is detected from Arlo.
  • Use Wink to automatically lock all exterior doors when Arlo detects unexpected movements.
  • Use Wink to turn on comforting sounds or music for your pet when you're not home, and record sights or sounds in Arlo to make sure your pet is safe and happy.
  • Verify who is at your door by looking at the last Arlo video clip and unlock your door to let them in using Wink—even when you're not home.

Even if you don't have any other home automation products, Wink lets you schedule a reminder alert when your Arlo battery is running low.

For more information about using Arlo with Wink, see How do I integrate my Arlo cameras into the Wink app?.

For more information about Wink brand partnerships and supported products, visit the following links:

Last Updated:08/25/2019 | Article ID: 1169113

Was this article helpful?

image description Yes image description No

Arlo Community

Learn from other Arlo users like you and experts that are offering up best practices and answering some common questions. Get involved and suggest your own topics to discuss as well.

Ask the Community

Contact Us

Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.

Contact Support