My Arlo Baby has a poor WiFi connection and the LED is blinking purple; what do I do?

My Arlo Baby has a poor WiFi connection and the LED is blinking purple; what do I do?

This article applies to:

If your Arlo Baby’s LED blinks purple, your Arlo Baby is too far away from your router and is not receiving a good WiFi signal. Follow the troubleshooting steps in this article to improve your Arlo Baby’s WiFi connection.

To improve Arlo Baby’s WiFi connection:

1. Move Arlo Baby closer to your router or move your router closer to Arlo Baby.
    This is the best way to improve Arlo Baby’s WiFi connection. You do not need to complete steps 2 and 3 unless moving Arlo Baby and your router closer together is impossible or Arlo Baby’s LED is still blinking purple after you move it closer to the router.
  2. Make sure that your Arlo Baby is connected to your router, not to a WiFi extender.
    Arlo Baby might have trouble connecting to a WiFi extender. Arlo Baby can connect to a mesh WiFi system, just like it connects to a router.
  3. Minimize the possible sources of signal interference near Arlo Baby.
    Environments with multiple WiFi networks, wireless devices, or frequencies can cause signal interference with your Arlo system. Minimize the number of networks, wireless devices, and transmitted frequencies in the area where you place your Arlo Baby.
  4. Remove as many obstructions as possible from between your router and Arlo Baby.
    Many common materials can significantly reduce the strength of the WiFi signal from your router. The following materials reduce signal strength the most:
    • Unusually thick walls and ceilings
    • Brick
    • Concrete
    • Stone
    • Ceramic
    • Glass, especially mirrors
    • Metal
    • Large quantities of water, such as the water in a fish tank or water heater
  5. Check your WiFi connection on other devices that are connected to the same WiFi network.
    Your entire WiFi network might have poor signal strength because of problems with your router, your modem, or your Internet service provider. For more information about troubleshooting problems with your home WiFi network, see the documentation for your router or contact your Internet service provider.

Last Updated:07/09/2021 | Article ID: 1282676

Was this article helpful?

image description Yes image description No

Arlo Community

Learn from other Arlo users like you and experts that are offering up best practices and answering some common questions. Get involved and suggest your own topics to discuss as well.

Ask the Community

Contact Us

Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.

Contact Support