How do I install and mount my Arlo Solar Panel?

6 people found this helpful in last 30 days

How do I install and mount my Arlo Solar Panel?

There are four Arlo Solar Panels designed to work with Arlo cameras. To know which Arlo Solar Panel is compatible with your camera, visit: Arlo Solar Panel Compatibility

You can use Arlo Solar Panels in any outdoor location that falls within the solar panel’s operating temperature range of 32° to 113°F (0° to 45°C). For safety reasons, the Arlo Solar Panel cannot charge your camera battery at temperatures below freezing.

To set up your Arlo Solar Panel:

1. Choose a good outdoor location for your Arlo Solar Panel, within 4.5 feet (1.3 meters) of your Arlo camera.
    The Arlo Solar Panel can absorb the most solar energy when it is in full sunlight for as much of the day as possible. You can mount the Arlo Solar Panel on your wall, fence, roof, gutter, or eaves. Make sure that you mount your Arlo Solar Panel facing true south (in the northern hemisphere) or true north (in the southern hemisphere).
  2. Secure the mount with the screws provided in the package.
  3. Attach your Arlo Solar Panel to the mount.
  4. Adjust the angle of the Arlo Solar Panel on the mount to the appropriate angle for your latitude.

5. Make sure that your Arlo camera battery is fully charged.
    Note: Your Arlo Solar Panel is designed to keep your camera battery charged, not to charge the battery from low to full.
  6. Connect the Arlo Solar Panel cable to your Arlo camera.

WARNING: Do not unplug the cable from your Arlo Solar Panel. This can damage the cable and the Arlo Solar Panel.

Note: The charging icon will not immediately appear in the Arlo Secure App. If you want to confirm that your camera is charging, you can wait for the charging icon to appear, or you can check the camera’s battery percentage in the Arlo Secure App from day to day. For more information on battery charging icons, visit: What do my Arlo camera's battery level icons and notifications mean?

For more information about the Arlo Solar Panel, visit:

Last Updated:01/26/2024 | Article ID: 1310992

Was this article helpful?

image description Yes image description No

Arlo Community

Learn from other Arlo users like you and experts that are offering up best practices and answering some common questions. Get involved and suggest your own topics to discuss as well.

Ask the Community

Contact Us

Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.

Contact Support