How do I recalibrate Arlo Baby’s temperature, humidity, and air quality sensors?

How do I recalibrate Arlo Baby’s temperature, humidity, and air quality sensors?

This article applies to:

If you move your Arlo Baby to a new location, you might notice that you receive more alerts than usual due to different temperature, humidity, and air quality in the camera’s new location.

If you recently moved your Arlo Baby to a new location and you are receiving too many alerts, you can power cycle your Arlo Baby to recalibrate the sensors so that they adjust to the new location and you receive fewer alerts.

To recalibrate your Arlo Baby’s sensors:

1. Unplug the USB cable from your Arlo Baby camera. 
  2. Rotate the foot plate and remove the Arlo Baby character’s feet.
  3. Slide the battery switch on the bottom of Arlo Baby to off. 
    The battery is turned off when no green is visible near the battery switch.
  4. Wait ten seconds, then slide the battery switch to on.
    Your Arlo Baby camera restarts.
  5. Replace the foot plate and rotate until it clicks into place.
  6. Plug the USB cable back in.
    Your Arlo Baby’s sensors recalibrate over the next 24 hours.
  7. If you are still receiving too many alerts, change your notification settings and alert thresholds from the Devices tab of the Arlo app.
    For more information about changing sensor settings, see How do I customize Arlo Baby’s sensor settings for temperature, humidity, and air quality?.

For more information about Arlo Baby’s air sensors, see the following knowledge base articles:

Last Updated:08/25/2019 | Article ID: 1282585

Was this article helpful?

image description Yes image description No

Arlo Community

Learn from other Arlo users like you and experts that are offering up best practices and answering some common questions. Get involved and suggest your own topics to discuss as well.

Ask the Community

Contact Us

Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.

Contact Support