How do I change my Arlo camera Power Management settings?

2 people found this helpful in last 30 days

How do I change my Arlo camera Power Management settings?

This article applies to:

This article is for the Arlo Secure App experience with Library. If you have the Arlo Secure App experience with Feed, please visit: How do I change my Arlo camera Power Management settings? - Arlo Secure 4.0

Arlo wire-free cameras allow you to choose power management settings to optimize battery life and video quality.

The following factors can reduce battery life:

• Frequent use of the camera’s floodlight or spotlight
  • Note: For applicable models that have a built-in floodlight or spotlight feature.
  • Extremely cold temperatures (below 32°F or 0°C)
  • Low lighting
  • Frequent motion detection or audio triggering
  • Longer video recordings
  • Weak connection to a SmartHub, Base Station, or router
  • Low cellular signal strength (Arlo Go and Go 2 only)

To change your Power Management settings:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com
  2. Tap or click the Settings icon under the camera for which you want to change the power management settings. 
  3. Tap or click Video Settings.
  4. Tap or click Power Management. 
  5. Select a power setting: 
  • To extend your battery life, select Best Battery Life. This setting reduces video quality but improves battery life.
  • For the best video quality, select Best Video. This setting reduces battery life but provides the best video quality.
  • To balance battery life and video quality, select Optimized.

For more information about battery life, visit: How can I extend Arlo camera battery life?

For more information about video quality, visit: How do I get better picture quality from my Arlo camera?

For more information and to purchase accessories for your device, visit: Arlo Accessories

Last Updated:12/05/2022 | Article ID: 1110197

Was this article helpful?

image description Yes image description No

Arlo Community

Learn from other Arlo users like you and experts that are offering up best practices and answering some common questions. Get involved and suggest your own topics to discuss as well.

Ask the Community

Contact Us

Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.

Contact Support