Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding Audio to the Arlo Smart Home Security System

I think adding audio to your amazing video quality would just be icing on the cake and a highly desireable feature that would significantly contribute to the Arlo Smart Home Security system standing apart from any other product in this market space. 

Comments
Mikest00
Onlooker
I currently have a Arlo wireless system and a Ring doorbell. I would love to do away with my Ring doorbell iif Nethear offered a Arlo wireless camera with motion detection and two way audio. Or even better offer a Arlo doorbell to compete with Ring.
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

Lill
Fledgling

That afloat 4 cameras has a voice or sound recording?

i would  prefer with a microphone 

romiller06
Aspirant

I would definitely want to see a speaker and microphone be added to the wireless cameras.  As it stands, I am going to have to buy another product to do this for my front door.

romiller06
Aspirant

I am with Mikest00, I also have Arlo wireless cameras and would like to have a speaker and microphone added to those.  The Arlo Q is an indoor camera and I need that functionality to work on an outdoor camera.  I am trying to avoid having to purchase the Ring doorbell and having to manage their app and yours.

TheFiddler
Guide
...to announce your presence to the person being viewed. The viewer should have a courtesy option that would trigger a sound (like a doorbell) giving the observed a heads-up. Having the sound be generated from within the actual device could produce an effective attention-getting tool for children, elderly and pets, who may not hear the sound as prominent if it were generated over the speaker.
TheFiddler
Guide
Product: Arlo Q Plus
Chelseyrhiannon
Fledgling
I think that either adding audio to the wireless Arlo camera or making the Arlo Q camera able to be connected to the home base (and also wireless) would be an excellent idea. I would buy one immediately, and it sounds like a lot of other people would do the same.
Nighty01
Apprentice

Arlo Pro (Release Jan. 2017 planned for EU) has the audio feature now. If you need that, do not buy normal (old) Arlo cameras a.t.m. 

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented in latest product