Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Top Contributors

temporary disarmed

when going out to water my yard for example, I disarm the system to avoid wasting batteries on dozens of recordings.

but thewn I sometimes forget to put it back on;

I would love a feature in Disarm mode where I could disarm for n minutes; (then auto switch back to schedule)

20 Comments
Fledgling

Totally agree - temporary disable is a much needed feaure.  If someone is home when we are out, really need to able to disable for an hour or three, and then it automatically reverts to normal.  It is too easy to forget to turn it back on.

Aspirant

I also came here to suggest this.  It would be a very useful feature.  Thank you!

Novice

Couldn't agree more. I have my camera set up on a front porch and sometimes I like to sit out front and relax. The camera will end up recording all of my motion. And it's easy to forget re-arming (and that's an extra step anyway). 

Community Manager
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

Aspirant

Come on now Arlo, “Snooze” is obviously a much needed and sought after feature. It’s available on my Ring Dorbell app. The various threads on this subject should make it apparent that customers want this. Let’s get it going. No need to delay getting this feature. 

Mentor

I think a Snooze function for modes would be very well received.  However, I would NOT like it to be like the Ring Door Bell snooze that some people have mentioned.  My experience with Ring Snooze is that it only silences notifications on the device on which I hit snooze.  So I have to hit snooze on my devices and my wife’s devices in order to silence the alerts when we are actively working around our front door.  It is nuts!  Only useful in single device households.

I want Snooze to really act as a “temporary disarm”.  Don’t record and don’t notify anyone during the snooze period.  Disarm for the next “n” minutes and then go back to my normal mode.

Guide

For anyone who has given up on the arlo development team (I have). You can use Stringify for this feature with a timer etc. I have implemented in to Siri shortcuts as well so have a quickly easy way to snooze for 1,2,4 or 8 hours or even snooze at sunrise arm at sunset. It’s pretty easy to do.

Fledgling

A snooze option is a sorely missing feature. Maybe allow the option to just snooze alerts or snooze alerts and recordings. I would definitely want to be able to snooze the recordings though to save the batteries.  I hate wasting the batteries when we are outside but I also hate turning the cameras off and forgetting to turn them back on which happens a lot. 

Aspirant

Does anyone know how to unsubscribe to this forum? I moved on to a better system with off line notifications and a snooze feature. TIA

Mentor

Log in on the community.  Then click on your name up near the envelope and bell on the right.  Then click on my settings and place a check mark in the box that says do not send email about community posts...or something like that.