Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
Sircoynie
Apprentice

For anyone who has given up on the arlo development team (I have). You can use Stringify for this feature with a timer etc. I have implemented in to Siri shortcuts as well so have a quickly easy way to snooze for 1,2,4 or 8 hours or even snooze at sunrise arm at sunset. It’s pretty easy to do.

drewguy
Aspirant

@ShayneS wrote:

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Glad to hear you're looking at this - would definitely be a useful feature upgrade for the reasons stated.  A lot of use cases for different people but all boil down to "no need to alert me that I keep going into my garage/shed/backyard when I'm there"

Arlouser_JBR
Fledgling

A snooze option is a sorely missing feature. Maybe allow the option to just snooze alerts or snooze alerts and recordings. I would definitely want to be able to snooze the recordings though to save the batteries.  I hate wasting the batteries when we are outside but I also hate turning the cameras off and forgetting to turn them back on which happens a lot. 

Gellie
Aspirant

Does anyone know how to unsubscribe to this forum? I moved on to a better system with off line notifications and a snooze feature. TIA

Log in on the community.  Then click on your name up near the envelope and bell on the right.  Then click on my settings and place a check mark in the box that says do not send email about community posts...or something like that.

mhnatt
Luminary

At this point, I’d be even satisfied if Arlo (JamesC) would just make a comment as to why it hasn’t been implemented yet. That’s all.

And no, I shouldn’t have to invest hours of my time learning and programming third party apps to do this (ITTT).

sheesh, the moment a competitor releases this feature, I’m jumping ship, if nothing else for the principle of this being ignored after so much complaints for so long..

ewb110
Observer

I’ve been hammering Matthew McCrae (Arlo CEO) on twitter for the past year.  I decided to DM him and here was his response:

“Per my previous post, it is being worked on and is one of our highest priorities. Design is done and it is in implementation now. Still need to finish coding and testing across multiple platforms so it will still be a while. However, I know how much this is needed and desired by our community.”

”I understand the passion :-). We feel the same here and are working hard to get it out ASAP and will keep everyone posted”

Not sure what “still be a while” means but I’m ‘temporarily’ satisfied with his response.  I just don’t understand why @JamesC couldn’t let us know.  

Good to hear.  I hope they ask a few of us for design input rather than working on it in a conference room behind closed donors like they obviously did with the disasterous V2.6.0 UI changes.

sgibbers17
Apprentice

@mhnatt Ring does have this feature and has had if ever since I got the doorbell over a year ago.  It is called motion snooze and it pauses motion alrerts for a length of time. This is a basic function that Arlo should have. 

I have used a Ring Doorbell Pro for about two years and IMHO, Ring didn’t do it right.  When I snooze my Ring DB, my wife still gets motion alerts and it still records.  I want a snooze that snoozes everything for everyone.  What Ring implemented (unless they have changed it recently) seems to be a “quiet” function.  Be “quiet” for my devices, but keep operating as normal for everyone else.