Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Windows 10 Phone App

Yes. Please make a Windows 10 phone app. The web portal is not supported for live viewing since it requires flash and it is not supported in Windows 10 Phone. Or change the web portal to HTML instead of flash.
Comments
Maerlyn13
Tutor
Ring which is on my front door and will be releasing thier own line of security cameras soon already has a Windows phone app to monitor thier line of cameras and devices. I have 5 Arlo cameras and was planning to add more but with no Windows phone support may have to discard my Arlo system and go with Ring instead.
Dancer
Observer

I also have up with no response from the Netgear Arlo team. I went with the German Instar who have a Windows App that works very well even in on old Windows RT tablet. Actually glad I did as Instar can provide external PIR to eradicate false positives and floodlighting led lights. Their support is very responsive.

Shoey
Guide

You would think that 200 million and growing Windows 10 users, they would put some urgency on a Windows 10 UWP app. Even from a desktop, it would be nice to access ARLO without going to a website. Makes it great for non interupting your workflow when you want to access your ARLO setup.

Personally, I've stopped recommending the product all together to my friends and family and started looking for alternative solutions.

mikehak
Tutor

I think we have to forgott Arlo. Because they don't show any interessest to built a version for windows 10 Universal. You didn't get any answer to that question.

I cancelled this product from my list. Look now for another product.

For a company which not will see the possibility of a growing market i don't like to share my money with them.

Officially there are 200 Mio devices on Win 10 ( i think we can say they are 250 Mio devices) and still growing. If MS reaches his target, than they will have in a bit more than a year over 1 Billion User with windows 10. At the moment a USGoverment commited that they will lift arround 3 Mio Computer to Windows 10. And i know lot of other companies they will do the same steps. And i expect a rise windows 10 before july 29. Because after that, the upgrade will cost some bugs.

But it's unsexy to develope a microsoft product. It's more sexy to develope a IOS app. because than they are hypster.

Garmin as an example has understand the nesseciary of windows 10 apps and built one. Before they didn't had also one. Hope other companies understand it also.

And no.. A webseite isn't a solution. Because a windows 10 Device can be a Computer, a xbox one (try to surf on xbox), a Hololense, a smartphone, a tablet and so on. 

MPCCR5
Aspirant

It's unclear to me if Netgear is or isn't going to provide Windows support why they just don't tell us.   If they aren't and they are deliberately quiet ...that is deceitful and underhanded (Trumpesque).  If they plan to...I'm certain that more people would be buying their product with the expectation/anticipation of a fully functionaly Windows solution.

WAKE UP NETGEAR AND BE HONEST WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!  WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS!!!

howardcj
Aspirant
100% Agree. Come on Netgear. Step up!!
hirsti
Tutor

Come on Netgear, sort out a Windows Phone App please

burundz
Aspirant

Come on Netgear, let us know what are your intentions for a Windows 10 app, be clear, would you make one or not?

Andreas21
Fledgling
Can you please build a Windows10 app?

any news about windows 10 universal app?