Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Top Contributors

Widget support for iOS

Would really appreciate the ability to arm/disarm Arlo from the iOS lockscreen through a widget. Today I have to open my iPhone, open the Arlo app and then select which mode I want. Please consider this for a future app upgrade 👍

9 Comments
Guide

Hi, I do this on my iPhone using the 'DO' Button app (from IFTTT).  In fact I have two buttons as widgets on the top dragdown (is that called the notificaitons screen?).  One to arm all cameras and one to disarm - works a treat when the Geofencing won't switch schedule automatically!

Hope this helps,

Nodder.

nodder wrote:

Hi, I do this on my iPhone using the 'DO' Button app (from IFTTT).  In fact I have two buttons as widgets on the top dragdown (is that called the notificaitons screen?).  One to arm all cameras and one to disarm - works a treat when the Geofencing won't switch schedule automatically!

Great idea!  Stumbled around until I figured out I needed to add the Arlo channel to the DO app (as well as the IFTTT app.)

Guide

Thanks for the suggestion which is a temporary solution. However I have two arming modes I need to be able to switch on/off which can't be done through DO.

I'll use it to arm Arlo when I leave every morning though so thanks for that 👍

Aspirant

Hi there!

Are there any plans to come up with a new widget for arlo on iOS10?

Apprentice

Looks like this is coming.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Announcements/Arlo-Widget-for-iOS-10/m-p/1152387

Being able to quickly check and change the mode would be great.

Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

Retired_Member
Not applicable
This should be available to Android then as well!

I find it quite disgusting that this feature wasn't part of the very first original software build.  Very very bad show Arlo not having widgets to set these modes.  And I agree that both mobile platforms need this feature.

Pretty poor too that this "feature" has been on the "Engineering Investigation" list since November 2016.  Arlo engineering clearly having no intention of progressing this feature request.

XJW Apprentice
Apprentice

Please do not implement this as ARM and DISARM.

Arlo do not appear to have understood that ARM and DISARM are useless to many of us.  When we are Home we switch off internal cameras but leave external cameras on.  This should be a common use case.  ARM and DISARM do not support this use case.  Please stop implementing solutions that only support ARM and DISARM.  We need support for all modes.