Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Widget/Individual buttons to arm and disarm modes on my phone

I would like to have two "buttons" on my phone

"arm"

and 

"disarm"

(or one for each mode would be nice)

This was, I can arm or disarm with one press of a button,

NOT

open app

select mode page

(wait a ling time for that page to load)

selct "modes"

select which mode I want.

ONE PRESS OF A BUTTON INSTEAD OF 6

Comments
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

pierrrke
Guide

I recently bought two Arlo Q camera's, one being VMC3040 en one being VMC3040S.

I was under the impression being able to arm/disarm both camera's simultaniously. It's very awkward having to arm/disarm every camera's individually.

This is must functionalityfor 200Euro divices!

I strongly suggest this feature being build into the app, as this wil help customer experience en it will certianly help me telling other people how good the product is. Now I will not.

DK_
Novice
Novice

Any news?

I really need that widget!!!

Would save a lot of time.

Another idea is to activate / deactivate by NFC.

But even the simple one-touch-widget would be nice.

That would take an advanced delevoper not even half an hour...

songofchrist
Fledgling

I think tt would REALLY be helpful if Netgearl could make an arm/disarm widget that I could place on the home screen that would arm or disarm all of my cameras with a single press. I would really like to just be able to walk in the house and have everything disarm, but at this point, geofencing has consistently proven unreliable. For the time being, I am stuck having to wait for the app to open, get the camera status, click into each camera, and arm or disarm. This can take several minutes sometimes, since the app sometimes take a while to open. This is very inconvenient, having to go in and do exactly the same thing for each camera and serves as an incentive to keep my camera count to a minimum. But if I could unlock my home screen and just press a single button to disarm everything when I come home or arm everything when I leave, it would alleviate the issue. I would really like to see Netgear put out a widget or two of this nature. Seems relatively simple and would be very useful.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any news Netgear ? Are you listenjng ?  The worst thing about Arlo is the amount of time it takes to change modes when you leave/return home.  It takes forever to login, check status etc.  Changing modes is a primary and high priority feature for a system of this type.  You should put significant effort into making the process fast and simple.  Provide us with MODE shortcuts or widgets that make the process of changing Modes fast and simple.  Are you listening Netgear ?

Erik508
Onlooker
Yeah I know- I still spend way too much time on this. To start the app, fingerprint authentication, then the base stations never seem to come online right away. Sometimes I have to kill the app and restart to get them to register.
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Boss281
Luminary

Team:

I think it might be useful to have icons not only to launch the mobile app, but also icons for selecting the ARMED mode, and unarmed MODE.

If I get up to walk the dog, I'd like to hit a specific icon on my phone screen that would pop up "Arm" and "Disarm" choices.  These could even sit in the status bar at the top of the screen like other function, and drag it down to expose this off/on selection choice.  Am I making sense?  I just want to disarm quickly when I need to run outside, and arm it quickly when I leave or need to come inside after I had disarmed it.

Keyhole
Aspirant
If you have an iPhone with haptic touch, push down the app icon and it will bring up a menu to change modes on the home screen.