Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Widget/Individual buttons to arm and disarm modes on my phone

I would like to have two "buttons" on my phone

"arm"

and 

"disarm"

(or one for each mode would be nice)

This was, I can arm or disarm with one press of a button,

NOT

open app

select mode page

(wait a ling time for that page to load)

selct "modes"

select which mode I want.

ONE PRESS OF A BUTTON INSTEAD OF 6

Comments
chawks
Guide

Has anyone tested using IFTTT to cascade arm a series of cameras (in my case Arlo Qs) and see if that works?

For instance, when one camera is armed an IFTTT recipe runs to arm another one; when that one is armed, it runs another IFTTT recipe to arm the next camera and so on... 

Is that even a viable solution?

Can an IFTTT recipe even detect when a camera's arm/disarm state has changed?

Just curious if anyone else has attempted this. I'd go for it but I have a separate issue that may end up with me returning ALL my Arlo gear and ditching Netgear as a security cam solution overall, so I'm not willing to invest the time/effort into this just yet. If that issue is resolved, I'd be willing to dig in if it's possible and nobody else has done it.

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any update ?

This has been open for many years.  Widgets are a basic feature.  It is appalling that this has sat in the queue for so many years .........

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Three and a half years with no update......

Widgets are a basic feature.

Update please.

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

@DawnM   Please look at this one.  Changing modes is tedious on Arlo.  Switching on/off your security cameras should be easy.  Making it easy should be a top priority for Arlo.  Widgets are a basic UI tool.  Activation should be a single touch activity.

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

@DawnM 

Once again please ensure this is not just Arm and Disarm.  Disarm is useless for people that leave outdoor cameras on when they are at home.  This should be one of the basic use cases you support in all design.

Any progress ?  It's been many years that your customers have asked for this.

Francesco15
Fledgling

I wish it was easier and faster to see and change the mode of my Arlo Pro 2 camera security system from the Arlo App on my iPhone.

Would Arlo consider showing the current mode on the home screen of the Arlo App?

Also, it would be nice if it could be changed from there.

Currently, it works like this for me:

1. Launch Arlo App on my iPhone.

2. Wait for Arlo to connect

3. Switch to "Mode" view

4. Wait for mode view to update.

5. Then click current mode to change the mode.

This whole process takes time. Granted it's not more than a minute or so but it's annoying because I have to do it every time I leave home or come home.

Note that "geo-fencing" does not work for me because I live in a mobile service deadzone. Also, my car is kept in a garage which has a camera so if I go in there with the alarm on then it triggers an alert.

Thanks,

Francesco

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

@DawnM Any progress ?

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC  I cant get a response from @DawnM

Is there anyway to update the original post to ensure that this is not implemented as ARM and DISARM ?  ARM and DISARM are useless for the basic use case where you leave outside cameras on when you are at home.  The Widget needs to support all modes not just ARM and DISARM.

ittroll
Apprentice

3D/Force Touch shortcuts for switching modes were implemented a few years ago. These still work, however following a recent update they no longer give you any feedback that the mode has actually been changed.

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

But no solution for Android ?