Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Widget/Individual buttons to arm and disarm modes on my phone

I would like to have two "buttons" on my phone

"arm"

and 

"disarm"

(or one for each mode would be nice)

This was, I can arm or disarm with one press of a button,

NOT

open app

select mode page

(wait a ling time for that page to load)

selct "modes"

select which mode I want.

ONE PRESS OF A BUTTON INSTEAD OF 6

Comments
Jontym
Aspirant

Nice spot Keyhole, I wasn't aware of that! Thanks.

Boss281
Luminary

No, I have an Android model, but a similar approach is what I'm after.

lamjam
Aspirant
Thanks for that heads up!
CyrisXD
Follower

Hi all, 

My biggest pet peeve with Arlo is that it takes 5 steps to arm and disarm the system.
Having to click to open up the app, wait for it to sign in, click on mode,  cilck on devices,  and then click on desired mode (Armed/Disarmed).

That is far too many steps if you need to do this regularly, and I myself and many others do this regularly so we don't get bombarded with motion notifications.

I believe a welcome addition would be some Arlo widgets for iOS and Android, quick buttons to enable and disable the system, adding onto that a watch app with quick buttons would be a bonus. 

I have somwhat achieved this with IFTTT but it is only roughly 70% accurate, a few times I have tried enabling and disabling, it says it's completed the action but Arlo status has not changed. This is not good for a security system where your safety depends on this working. 

Apple Watch

FullSizeRender.jpg

iPhone

FullSizeRender.jpg

A proper working widget/watch app is much needed to improve Arlo. 

Even if you could open the API for developers to build their own 3rd party apps that would be much appreciated. 
I would love to be able to build my own app to control Arlo.

Cheers,

Cyris

runedigi
Fledgling
It takes too long! There needs to be a temporary disable option. Customizable 2 min 5 min 20 min.. I often come home for lunch and it sucks to have to disarm and remember to rearm and I don't want to trigger 3 cameras just to get in my backdoor grab a bite before I'm out the door again. Even if you use force touch it requires you to use password or Touch ID to login. Also no password option I'm already logged into my phone secure.
XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any news Netgear ???  Are you listening to your customers ???  The ability to activate/deactivate a security system is fundamental.  We should be able to switch Arlo Off and On easily.  And don't limit it to the useless Arm and Disarm modes.

NETGEAR.  THIS IS FUNDAMENTAL.  FIX IT.

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

What is needed is a Shortcut to Activate a Mode.  This would give users flexibility to switch between a range of modes with one click.  Do not limit this to the useless ARM  and DISARM modes.  The ability to switch modes easily should be a fundamental REQUIREMENT.  I cannot believe you have not addressed this gap yet.

jsm174
Guide

Hello. I know this is an old post, but even with force touch (on iOS), this process takes too long.

I ended up using IFTTT and then adding widgets to my notification screen.

Record All Arlos is great... I can quicky get 10 seconds from everything without even opening the app.

IMG_5781.PNG.png . 

Boss281
Luminary

LOL!  I have IFTTT as well, but also SmartThings integration, and they also have a widget when I looked.  That solves my issue, thanks for the idea!

debugger919
Guide
It'll be nice to have a widget to quickly toggle the modes, instead of having to open the app.