Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why cant we stop (turn off) forced fireware updates

Basically this is a request.

When our Arlo Cameras/Systems are working fine why do we as users not have the option to turn off firmware updates?

We should be able to disable automatic/pushed firmware updates. This way we could keep our working systems.

Each time Netgear updates the camera's/base station's firmware code they break something and cause a new problem, so we should have the option to totally disable automatic updates!?!

Would this not make sense? Then there would be far less unhappy Arlo users and it would stop Netgear support from being flooded with problematic devices and customers.

Comments
harley239
Apprentice

Or maybe the ability to create a restore point or something similar. They could just test the updates before releasing them. 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

It's been suggested before and I'd like to see it be implemented too. But for now, the way Arlo/Netgear is doing it secretly to themselves.. I doubt this will ever be implemented.. I've owned my 1st Gen Arlo since 2015 and now added with Pros. I have yet to see this implemented.. Maybe a future lead competent Developer/Engineer will reconsider this idea. There's always hope.. Apparently for now, Sadly still alive and well, we're dealing with an incompetent one(s) whose best interest are for themselves only not customers.. 

ArloProblems
Aspirant

Hi. All of my cameras stopped recording to library or activating when motion detected after my system auto updated on 19 Oct version 2.6.0.937_24489. I called the help line, but they had no clue. I bought ANOTHER base station and it now all works fine again. It keeps telling me there is an update but I won’t install it. The only problem is that the next update will auto install and I will be left with a useless stystem again. ARLO - please help me turn auto update off. Your system is useless for me after the updates. These systems aren’t cheap so I expect it to function.

Ryan82
Fledgling

This is happening to me right now!!! I’m overseas and have no way to update my system.  No security system for 4 weeks until I get home and do a factory reset

Peace of mind... gone....

Frustration.... boiling point...

@JamesC please bring back update requests or permissions, at least until your development team can be sure that the auto update feature works 100% of the time.

Security system is useless if it doesn’t work right?