Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

WebInterface : Flash not supported. Please add chromecast support as alternative

Hello,

Everybody, I noticed that Arlo cameras now can stream to chromecast devices and Android TV 's when you have a google assistant device in your home. "Hey Google show me the frontdoor camera on chromecast living room"  works.

But not everybody has google assistant devices all over their home...

On the webinterface they still only offer to view the camera feeds through old dated and dangerous flash plugins..

Why , oh why is the Arlo team not adding the cast button on each camera so that everybody could stream any camera from https://arlo.netgear.com/#/cameras to a chromecast?

The development effort is nt high and it would offer an alternative to the blocked flash plugin.

I called support and they told me that there were no other requests from other users, in other words nobody asked to have chromecast support and therfore they have decided not to implement it yet...(no demand)

So if you would like chromecast support let hear your voice here and on their support contacts

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!