Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

We really need the "fence/in range/gps/" option

I really liked the camera its just missing the autodetect if im in range or not, I know canary camera is doing it but I heard that the firmware and support are not good. Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea. My problems of setting up rules with schedule is that during weekends im always in and out and its kinda tedious amr/disarm the system.

Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea.

Comments
ckd
Fledgling
Fledgling

Slightly different: Turn camera on when smartphone and all smartphones of friends are away from home. 

yes yes yes

they just need to give us IFTTT because i can set that up myself...my nest and my Wemo already have GeoFencing options...bring them to ARLO please

tljuly3
Initiate

In modes you can turn all motion on, all motion off, scheduling, and a mix between these options.  I think it would be cool if when my cell phone left the home, it turned all motion on, and when I returned home it turned all motion off.  I use to use an app called Witness by Orbicule that did just that.  It would be nice to see it in Arlo.

TomMac
Guru

What you refering to is Geo-zones for turning on/off...

It's been requested so go to https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

and give it KUDOs... more kudos, more likely to happen

Siliconvalley
Initiate

Any update on geofencing?!    Getting tired of waiting.  New Nest Dropcam on the way sooooon.

ralphborrelli
Follower
With geofencing I can arm the mode I want based upon my location. Scheduling does not work for me,as my work hours are never the same. Meaning I never when I will or will not be home. Geofencing will solve that issue
Jjmillan
Novice
Mandatory
Jvhome
Fledgling
+1 geofencing to trigger motion on/off rules please!
DadOf6
Novice

I agree.  Geofencing is a good option.  

Nest integration is another (yes, I realize Google/Nest/Dropcam are competitors, but they do offer the "Works with Nest" program).  Nest allows me to set the house to "Away" and anytime the Arlo would see "Away" it would activate the motion rules.  An example of this is the Lutron Caseta system.  It can tie into the Nest and activates rules based on that "Away" status.  

dase
Tutor

Bombarded with movement today because the family is in and out of the garage. I'm really hoping this feature comes soon Smiley Happy