Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

We really need the "fence/in range/gps/" option

I really liked the camera its just missing the autodetect if im in range or not, I know canary camera is doing it but I heard that the firmware and support are not good. Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea. My problems of setting up rules with schedule is that during weekends im always in and out and its kinda tedious amr/disarm the system.

Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

We are excited to let the community know that the Geofencing Beta has been announced! For more information, take a look here: Introducing Geofencing Beta

kip23
Aspirant

How does one get the Arlo Beta? "How does Arlo geofencing work and how do I set it up? " doesn't explain how to get the beta, which is why most people found the article unhelpful.

Castello1976
Fledgling
So how about when I'm at home , in bed and I want my cams on? Seems like Geofencing would not apply.
JamesC
Community Manager

kip23,

The Arlo Geofencing beta is available along with the latest app update. Update your Arlo app from the app market and Geofencing is accessible within modes.

JamesC

kip23
Aspirant

Excellent. There was no update available when the announcement was made.

MROSH
Initiate

Have been using beta version of "Geofencing" for a day now.  Have had a couple of "misfires" and one successful test.

The "misfires" are simply having the camera switch to the "away" mode when I'm moving around the house or property.  It has also returned to the "home" mode by simply moving around the house.

Love this idea though.  Hope the bugs get worked out.

jannmirch
Novice

I haven't been able to find anything on creating a blended mode that would allow for using the geotagging options during the day but leave the cameras armed overnight while we  are sleeping - and presumably the connected devices are also home.

I love the geotagging mode but have to remember to manually arm the cameras at night.

Any ideas for getting this set up? I didn't see anything obvious via my Arlo account or in IFTTT.

john1005
Guide

I've been using the Geofencing for a few days now.  Two problems that are experienced:

1. I use the small zone. This footprint is too large.  I would like to see it smaller, perhaps with a radius around 600 feet.  I shop close to my home, about 700 ft. away from my home.  The geofencing keeps showing at home then changes to away and continues to swap between the two.

2.  At home, inside the house.  Geofencing occassionally changes to away.  

Otherwise, geofencing is excellent.

Swobby
Novice
Our experience is the same as described by john1005 point 2. Over the course of one evening at home, on multiple occasions the geofence will become active and arm our cameras - motion triggers the cameras, alerts go off etc - despite us not having left the house.
BigShow136
Follower

Geofencing kinda works on Android. I have to make sure I run the app through it seems that its not always working in the background.