Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Upgrade/Promotional Buyback/Trade in program

Why doesn't ARLO offer an Upgrade/Promotional Buyback program? I'm a relatively new customer and yes I know the new cameras are backward compatible with whAt I have but I would like and could really use some of the new features for all my cameras.

ARLO PLEASE consider putting together a program to help out all your customers that have older equipment. Buying the newer cameras and base station to get some of the needed capabilites and functions is just not affordable for me.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

ryeguy8585,

I've escalated the topics being discussed here regarding the mentioned concerns. Engineering is currently investigating. As soon as I have an update, i'll provide the information here in the relevant threads.

JamesC

TheOz
Onlooker

Thank you!...  Question, is the upgraded video capability of the ArloPro2 a mechanical design and software upgrade on the devices or can Arlo Pro devices be upgraded to the higher video capability of 1080p with a firmware upgrade (for a fee, of course, or free for recent buyers of Arlo Pro units)?  If the latter is possible (firmware upgrade for highher video capabilities), as we know, most software development companies offer product upgrades for a fee.

The Oz!

NMW
Follower
Follower

I agree as well, and would like such a program. It would be beneficial to both Netgear and loyal customers. Please DO consider. I’d like to at least see Netgear address this topic and provide some feedback as I believe many would be interested.

Thank you.

brh
Master
Master

Unfortunately for me I purchased my original Arlo HD camera system a few weeks before the Arlo Pro system came out. I doubt if Arlo will ever do a buy back program, so I decided to use those cameras in less critical locations and the Pro cameras in places where I need all the features that they offer. Through Smartthings I am able to activate the siren in the Pro base station with any device or camera being used by Smartthings.

Brian

gtzags
Fledgling

Not a bad idea!

Can you use the new Pro 2 cameras with the original base or do you have to use the base that comes w/ the Pro 2?

brh
Master
Master

@gtzags

The original cameras, the Pro and Pro 2 cameras can work with any base station. I have a mix of cameras on my original base station.

Brian

mikedury
Fledgling

I purchased the original Arlo cameras about 2 years ago. The convenience of Wireless quickly became overshadowed by :

1. Battery Drainage, Duracell non-rechargeables, or rechargeable Tenergy 
    , if the cameras lost contact with the base, they just drain out
  2. No Notification that Cameras are Offline  What kind of cloud Camera system does not send an alert to the user when the cameras are offline. Imagine being on a business trip and seeing all Cams offline after randomly checking the app. 
  3. Base Station changes Channels on it s own. I have a Ubiquiti Wifi AP statically set to Channel 6. The Arlo Base station changes to whatever channel it wants, and you cant control it. The result is weaker signal to my Garage camera and it goes offSSID.pngline.  See the screenshot, Arlo/Netgear changed to channel 6, If i change my Ap to channel 11, it will change on its own
  4. Motion Sense - just unreliable

I was an early adopter of the Arlo , and I feel like i should get a discount on the Arlo Pro 2
    Has anyone received any discounts for an Arlo Pro 2 Upgrade?

Thanks

Dholliy
Guide

Seeking Arlo, NetGear’s “Loyalty Upgrade Program”?  It’s grievous to believe there isn’t such? 

If this is correct and loyalty means nothing NetGear,

Simplisafe, Lorex, Blink, Ring, Swann, Ezviz, D-Link, Logitech, Zmodo, SANNCE, Oco, Nest Cam, Foscam, Anran, Leshp, ONWOTE, Night Owl, Canary, Amcrest, Zmodo Pivit, Amazon Cloud Cam, Maximus, Annke, Kuna, Motorola, Reolink, ZOSI... will be my next purchase.

Arlo has improved and many of us have lived through years of their growing pains. It’s aggrieve for NetGear NOT to have an upgrade, loyalty program rewarding those of us for our allegiance!

eddie2046
Follower

Yes, I agree! I am considering going to better Pro level cameras but unless there is some form of buy-back / rebate I will go to another manufacturer.

Pitlover
Novice

I agree. I have not even had my Pro 2 cameras for 10 months now and just read that they are releasing Arlo Ultra on Jan 31 2019. The price for the 4 camera bundle is only $200 more than I paid for my 4 camera bundle. I am bummed because I bought the pro 2 wanting the best high def resolution I can get but They still can’t make out license plate a or details when zoomed in. I wish there was a way I could trade up my pro 2 cameras for 4 of the ultra cameras and just pay for the upgraded differerence. Arlo should really consider this option!