Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Update Snapshots at regular intervals

I've seen suggestions for an "emergency record" mode, where one click would begin recording all cams.  I have suggestions for a couple things:

1. Allow for an updated snapshot at regular intervals, not just at the last motion detected.  For example, even if no motion has been detected for days, updating the snapshots displayed in the Arlo dashboard every hour, two hours, or whatever would be great.  I wouldnt have to click "LIVE" and then "PAUSE" on each camera separately just to get an idea of how things are looking currently.
  2. A button to make all cameras live simultaneously as well as a "pause all" would be great also.  Or, related to above, just a button to refresh snapshots on demand.
Comments
broadmeadow
Novice

If the snapshots could be available by other services as well, like being able to have a new wallpaper or background on my PC every day.

DRU732
Follower

It would be helpful if the main camera view in the app would periodically refresh the image to reflect the current view, rather than show a static shot of the last motion detection, which may have been days/weeks ago.

Add an option per camera or global setting, to update the static shot for each camera on the main page every X minutes/hours.

Seeing a recent image from a specific cam or all of them on the main page would be much more useful. 

Our cameras monitor our doors, inside spaces and yards, maybe I just want to see:

• Did I close the garage door when I backed out and left the house?
  • Did I shutoff the flood lights in the back yard?
  • Its raining, did I close the porch windows?

... without having to fire up a live connection to the camera to see.

EKKG
Follower

As you know, when you login, you have to click on the camera to get the "Live" view. It would be very helpful if all of the camera images would update upon login, that way, you could take a quick glance to see if there is anything of interest. The way it is now, you have to click on the camera to get the live view, with 5 cameras, it takes a while.

kevin4
Apprentice

+1 this x 100!!!! Even better, also give us an option to have the app/website automatically update all the camera image snapshots when I launch the app.  Several times per week I just want to check in on my house and it would be awesome if I didn't have to hit play on every camera!  Typically one or more fail to stream so I have to wait, close the error, play again wait for stream, then hit stop....

Seems logical if I open the app I want to see all the camera images at that moment, not from days ago.

Thanks!

kevin4
Apprentice

+1 there are several simlar topics on this issue, I hope the moderators add them up when deciding which features have high demand.

paddos
Apprentice

See multiple requests for way to update screenshots on regular interval ... ideally user selectable.  Difficult to push live then pause.  Not always reliable when mobile. New user and this addition would be great feature add to app!!!

Logan5nx
Tutor

Agreed, would be nice to check the weather (how much snow has fallen, etc) without blowing the battery on several seconds of recording. Some way to manually get a quick snapshot would be great.

spicymke
Novice

This is a great suggestion. I also like the 3-second review but it is more difficult to pinpoint important clips when the thumbnail is of a moment before the movement.

Steven71
Novice

The ability to schedule a pic to be taken at specific intervals (say every 1 - 5 mins) between a time period (say 8:00 am to 5:00 pm).  We can then download the pics and create a timelapse video.  I think that would be a great feature.

tuttel007
Onlooker

I agree with the comments on this. A user programmable interval for snapshot updates would be nice. At minimum the update upon login would be good. Perhaps a refresh button to update the preview for each camera or all cameras.