Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unlimited live streaming...

I understand that the Arlo Pro 2 cameras can do unlimited recording with cloud storage if you pay extra for the plan.  My question is, if I want to live stream continuously to an iPad, it times out after about 30min.  I would like to continue to use the multiple Arlo Pro 2 kit for my house so I can have a unit outside observing the driveway and swingset to watch my kids, but at the same time also have one inside monitoring our baby.  I understand it isn't the "baby monitor", but as I just described, it can be used for other means both inside and outside, such as in the basement to monitor the kids playing, etc.  It makes the most sense to allow for me to monitor all of these things simultaneously since if the baby is napping, it's useful to be inside with the baby but to still be able to monitor the older kids playing outside.  

I understand the issue with the Arlo Pro 2 if it is on battery power to have it turn off after a set period of time, however, this unit can also be wired.  Perhaps there could be an option to "disable the 30 min timeout" default setting, or the unit could just notice that it is plugged in and automatically turn off the "time out" default.  This seems like an incredibly easy fix to just "allow continuous live streaming when plugged in" or something to that effect.  Myself and other family members that I have recommended this to may have to move on to another product if this simple option isn't available.  

Comments
jscirocco
Tutor

Would LOVE to see this. Please Arlo!

artfudd
Initiate

I agree..

@lsmjake wrote:

I understand that the Arlo Pro 2 cameras can do unlimited recording with cloud storage if you pay extra for the plan.  My question is, if I want to live stream continuously to an iPad, it times out after about 30min.  I would like to continue to use the multiple Arlo Pro 2 kit for my house so I can have a unit outside observing the driveway and swingset to watch my kids, but at the same time also have one inside monitoring our baby.  I understand it isn't the "baby monitor", but as I just described, it can be used for other means both inside and outside, such as in the basement to monitor the kids playing, etc.  It makes the most sense to allow for me to monitor all of these things simultaneously since if the baby is napping, it's useful to be inside with the baby but to still be able to monitor the older kids playing outside.  

I understand the issue with the Arlo Pro 2 if it is on battery power to have it turn off after a set period of time, however, this unit can also be wired.  Perhaps there could be an option to "disable the 30 min timeout" default setting, or the unit could just notice that it is plugged in and automatically turn off the "time out" default.  This seems like an incredibly easy fix to just "allow continuous live streaming when plugged in" or something to that effect.  Myself and other family members that I have recommended this to may have to move on to another product if this simple option isn't available.  

As it is, the Arlo system is a very expensive system that is useless for continuous monitoring. There are many much more efficient and cheaper systems available.

ZL710
Novice

I totally agree.  If both the camera and device running the Arlo app is powered, then there is no reason to time out after 30 minutes.  It seems like such an easy hardware fix.  

evaredy
Star

I also agree with the Live Streaming. I just posted about it and wanted to know why it would not stay on.

Now it seems I have found the answer, is it truly set to a 30min max? if so that is absolutely ridiculous if the camera is plugged into a powered socket. I wonder what the idiots were smoking when they implemented that.

Live streaming should be just that, live streaming and it should also be for as long as we want it to be. In my case, I need it to watch over my son who has Huntington's disease, I could simply glance at the screen every now and then or when my son makes a noise to see what is going on.

As it stands now, the screen goes black (iPad) the controls are still visible but do nothing when touched, so I have to log out and back in again which is a joke, because I could have done what I used to do, get out of bed and walk to his room. But the reason I purchased this system is so I wouldn't have to do that.

Surely it is a simple fix?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Indie78
Guide

Yes please enable this feature! For some who have plugged their Arlo Pro 2 in, this feature should be enabled and give us a choice for timeout settings. 

Flad
Aspirant

please give us continues live viewing, !!!.

i'm so disapointed that this feature is unavalable, as these where recieved as a christmas gift to replace my old samsung set

kchris
Aspirant

I just purchased a 5 camera system, and was surprised to discover that there is no continuous live streaming when the cameras are plugged into a power socket. I purchased the Arlo Pro 2 system for the simple fact that the cameras can have an external power supply, assuming that once plugged in, they would live stream continuously, just like every other security system.  Who in their right mind, other than an Arlo expert, would assume otherwise?  I have installed many CCTV and IP camera systems, and have never seen this.

MDo
Novice
Novice

Just bought a 5 camera system and shattered to hear you cannot view the camera live continuously. It is ridiculous you can't have continous live streaming for such an expensive and premium system!! Seems to me Arlo are only interested in making money by selling us the CVR subscription plan (which in itself is so expensive and not affordable for the majority of people!). WARNING to all potential purchasers - unless you don't want continuous live viewing / streaming, DON'T EVEN BOTHER getting this system. 

SomeDude2
Onlooker
Why is there a 30 minute limit on streaming, even when the camera is powered from a wall socket? I can not recommend Arlo to anyone because of this.