Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to mute mic on Arlo Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Highlight
Initiate
Initiate

its really ridiculous how it does not have the function to turn off audio recording, as all indoor recording in Australia has to have the MIC muted otherwise it is not compliant with the law. Could this function be implemented asap? 

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Highlight,

You can turn off the microphone by going to the Arlo app or web client and going to Settings > My Devices > Choose your Arlo Ultra > Audio Settings > Toggle off "Microphone".

Highlight
Initiate
Initiate

Hello JessicaP,

I have already done that to all the cameras, I have turned off the Mic and also the Speaker. The camera still has sound coming through the live view and the recordings.

I then contacted Arlo Support via phone and then they said currently there is no function to mute the sound when recording video. Therefore they asked me to come here to post a suggestion and hope the function can be implemented by the team.

If you could look into this problem for me that would be really appreciated, we really need to turn off the sound recording while video is recording, otherwise we cannot use the camers we bought as it will not be compliant with the laws

Thanks,

Hayden

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation