Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Timelapse feature

HI, 

Please include a Timelapse feature in the Arlo APP. i just want

to view what happened throughout the day rather than viewing it at different times.

Would like to see it record a few minutes every 30mins or so. Currently you can set up schedules,

why not expand this feature into timelapse. This will be a great feature to have as none of the other

brands have this. And its well needed. Sometimes you dont have celluar signals or wifi. This fixes that

loop hole.

Cheers,

Senthil

Comments
Tats
Apprentice

It would be great to have the option to be able to review videos on fast forward.

jordan
Novice

I think it would be a great idea to implement the speed playback of the video. I am not good at describing things, but what I wanted was to fast forward the saved videos in the libary. I leave my sensitivity  on 100% because I want to make sure it detects anything that moves. So most of the time the videos that are saved are usually nothing, like moving vehicles.

hkbob
Star

For areas where motion detection is problematic (or not feasible) it would be nice to have a time lapse mode that would allow snapshots to be taken at user-defined intervals. 

jguerdat
Guru

A fast forward capability would be useful for quickly perusing longer videos without missing potentially important motion caused by the current method of clicking the time advance bar.  I'd suggest at least a 2x capability although perhaps an additional one (3x? 4x?) could also be useful.

Pizzdoff
Fledgling
Yes! That would make these cameras even better. Please do it Arlo!
JKp
Novice
Novice

Watching CVR timeline is tedius (especially on mobile) as there's no feature that speeds up the timeline playback. A varible playback speed would be good (such as scrolling with a finger), better would be a "2X, 4X, 8X, 10X...etc." playback.

On mobile even with the motion indicated with a green line, cueing up to the motion that activated the sensor is hit or miss at best.

Thanks for listening

JeanFrancois972
Aspirant

It would be very usefull to offer the Timelaps functionnality with the Arlo Q camera, when motion is detected.
I Hope to see this functionnality soon !

JamesC
Community Manager

JeanFrancois972,

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation.

I encourage you to continue offering valuable feedback and continue to support good ideas by giving Kudos.

Thank you,

JamesC

pixonengineer
Aspirant

Timelapse seems like a pretty basic feature to me. Every other IP camera I've used has this feature. When I purchased the Arlo system some of the literature I read lead me to believe that this feature was available. I would not have purchased them if I had known that you could not schedule something as simple as sending a picture.

This can't be so hard to implement and would make the Arlo even better and more functional !!

Let's hope this gets addressed soon. Please Guys!

bogs
Novice

Arlo, please include this as a feature. 

Have 4 arlo cameras that I would like to implement this on.