Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The grant access user cannot use the direct access to the local storage.

I hope Arlo team can take this suggestion into consideration. 

Comments
Hewu1688
Initiate

Is Swann a wired or wireless system?  From what I can see from the web, it's wired.... That is something I have tried to avoid.  

For Arlo, the concept of the product is very good; however, only allowing notifications to be sent to grant user, but disallow grant user to view the video from local storage is just ridiculous.  First, I have already paid for all the hardware including microSD storage.  Why grant user (my wife) is blocked to access our own properties?    I know Arlo wants to get more money per month to unlock this basic feature.  I can understand for cloud service is ok, but for local storage which is the property not own by Arlo.  I am an engineer and I understand this is a very sample code or configuration changes in Arlo system.  I'm asking Arlo to fix this ASAP.

This is like I have bought the house from Arlo and Arlo is installing a deadbolt lock on my front door.  Unless I've paid for the monthly convenient fee, my family members cannot enter the house through our front door.  My family can only enter the house through the garage door, if we decided not to pay for the monthly convenient fee.  This is how I feel.

If Arlo is not taking the action to fix this soon, I'll report this to Costco where I bought the system few months back.  I've already got the confirmation from Costco customer service that I can still return it, if the problem cannot be resolved.  Arlo managements need to read this and take the appropriate action to resolve this.  To me Arlo is violating the basic rights of the consumers intentionally when consumers already paid for the hardwares.

sharkpunch
Aspirant

I agree, restricting the product like this to solicit a subscription fee is deceptive, if I had known this before buying I wouldn’t have purchased, to be honest this plus all the performance issues has been a really disappointing experience for me and I have already spent thousands in their ecosystem 

Bjorr
Tutor

Arlo just dont cara about custommers they just want to make money.

the best thing we can do is warn others about this greedy company.

Im proud to say that so far I have convinced 7 people to not buy Arlo and Im on a quest to make that number 14 by the end of 2021 😁 

CC-55
Novice

Horrible, horrible bait and switch. "Sure, you can have local storage - but you can't use it if you have more than one person logging into the system. The fix is to purchase our monthly cloud subscription." You either need to allow more than one simultaneous login, or allow the folks granted access to see local storage. I am already telling everybody who is looking to purchase a surveillance system to stay away until this is fixed.

Manolo86
Apprentice

I tell people to not waste their money - period. Arlo has many more issues than just this. 

Alcenos
Novice

It is extremely frustrating that granted access users do not have the ability to view locally stored videos. I would take the system back if I had not already used it for months during my free trial subscription. Now I need to resort to using the same log in and only one person being able to access the library at a time.

prakashp
Aspirant

With my 90 day period for Arlo Smart coming to an end, I was shocked to find that the videos stored on my USB drive can only be accessed by the main account.  If you have granted other users access, that includes administrative rights, they are unable to pull up and view the videos stored on USB drive.

Please provide this feature ASAP.

moonjaesoo
Onlooker

Hahahahahahahahahaha

I just took down all arlo cameras and uploaded on facebook market.

such a rubbish! I am not going to make my family blind from alerts(after paying such).

dan0leeds
Fledgling

I agree with what has been said here. I would not have bought an Arlo camera had I realized this limitation.  I plan to warn others.

joey2021
Novice

I am frustrated too for an user with grant access. 

In the meantime, one solution for me is the primary user who needs to open each recording from local storage and share it to a secondary with granted access.