Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The grant access user cannot use the direct access to the local storage.

I hope Arlo team can take this suggestion into consideration. 

Comments
Bjorr
Tutor

Welcome to Arlo mate 😊 you have just begun your journey of dissapointments in Arlos products.

please warn as many people you can so others can stay clear of these scammers.

Hewu1688
Initiate

This is a small quick fix that Arlo design team can do on the software.  I feel like I have been ripped off as my wife with granted administrative access is unable to view any recording from local storage.

Without paying monthly Arlo subscription,  the Ultra 2 camera system is useless.  The package should put a big warning about it.  This is a big scam if Arlo design does not allow this basic right.  I am going to report this scam to Costco.  Maybe Costco can force Arlo to make this fix or stop selling it.

Jamonsk8
Initiate

It’s unbelievable that they won’t make this simple change. The only reason that makes sense for Arlo not to do it is to make money via subscription. Most of us that purchased these cámaras and are pleading with Arlo on this issue bought the cameras for local storage which gives us control and doesn’t put our content on the cloud. That’s what we want and Arlo has it but alas doesn’t allow it to be accessed by anyone other than the primary user via your mobile app. What a joke. 

Bjorr
Tutor

Arlo offer the free deal just so you dont find out about this before its to late to return their **bleep**. Sneaky people at Arlo.

Hewu1688
Initiate

Where else can we file the complaints?  It’s only a few minutes code change to allow “grant user” to access the local storage.  I also have found out I started to get false notifications every 1-3 minutes after 3 months of free Arlo subscription has ended.

This is a super ripoff..  big scam to force people to pay Arlo subscription.  If I know this info in advance, then I wouldn’t buy Ultra 2 system.  

Arlo needs to fix these basic functions or make warning text on the box to potential buyers that product does not function properly without monthly Arlo subscription.  I will call Costco to see what they can do about this.

Jamonsk8
Initiate

When are you going to allow sharing of local storage beyond the primary user?  So many users are complaining about this and nothing has been done about it.  Saying it's only available to the primary user isn't an acceptable answer.  These cameras cost way too much money to not support this feature.  Nowhere on the box does it say anything about this limitation which is quite misleading and false advertising.  Please add this feature and stop dancing around the issue Arlo.

Baptize
Aspirant
@Jamonsk8 wrote:

It’s unbelievable that they won’t make this simple change. The only reason that makes sense for Arlo not to do it is to make money via subscription. Most of us that purchased these cámaras and are pleading with Arlo on this issue bought the cameras for local storage which gives us control and doesn’t put our content on the cloud. That’s what we want and Arlo has it but alas doesn’t allow it to be accessed by anyone other than the primary user via your mobile app. What a joke. 

Yea, I agree. I granted access to my wife but she can only access the camera and not the Smarthub features. I think in my next upgrade, I will stay far far away from Arlo.

ElocinTwin
Follower

Allow my guest user to watch OUR locally stored recordings. I cant always watch a video and I need my family members to check with their own accounts. 

Hewu1688
Initiate

Arlo needs to open up this basic access to allow grant user to access local storage which is own by individuals who bought the system.  This is ridiculous to block our rights to view recording from our own property.  It’s not right to force people to pay cloud subscription to enable this access to the recordings.  This is a very sample code change.  Maybe we need to bring these complaints to government agencies to get Arlo to take this seriously?

beachseal
Fledgling

I've since sold my Arlo system on Ebay.  Bought a Swann system, I asked them all the same questions and verified both my wife and I can view recordings remotely, they were great; they said they believe you should only have to pay for the system once and then they don't ask you for more money to view your recordings or get extra features.  I love it.  Good luck folks.