Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Top Contributors

Temporary Device Off Option

In the camera device settings located in the app, rather than just being able to toggle the camera "on" or "off", I would like a "temporarily off" option with a selectable time range.

If I'm going to be active within the camera range and don't want constant alerts I would turn the camera off and not always remember to turn it back on. I would like to be able to turn it off for a selected time (from 10 minutes to several hours) after which time it would turn itself back on.

11 Comments
Novice

@ShayneS wrote:

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Glad to hear you're looking at this - would definitely be a useful feature upgrade for the reasons stated.  A lot of use cases for different people but all boil down to "no need to alert me that I keep going into my garage/shed/backyard when I'm there"