Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
sgibbers17
Apprentice

@AncientGeek your right I guess it does just silence one device but at least you have the option to do so which is better than nothing.

@sgibbers17  I agree it would be an improvement, but we’d still have tons of useless videos in our libraries and each person sharing the cameras would have to Snooze the alert...like we do for Ring which I consider inadequate.  Heck, Arlo would save money on storage space, if people could voluntarily stop video recordings during known periods of high activity.  It is likely a huge contributor to storage requirements in some cases compared to normal monitoring conditions.

sgibbers17
Apprentice

@AncientGeek It would have to be a global setting like the modes and not per device.  Personaly I would prever to keep the cameras recording.  For instance I'm working in the back yard and someone comes to your front door and steals a package off the front door or takes something out of the garage.  Maybe there could be an option to record to the USB/SD card instead of the cloud during these times.

Actually, if it was like a mode that would be great.  We could create snooze modes for various snooze scenarios and have those be choices when we hit the snooze button.  PIck the portfolio of devices to leave active or inactive for the situation...like front yard, back yard, driveway or whatever.  Build a snooze mode for each scenario.  Then just pick the mode and duration when you hit the snooze button.

Lucasvdw
Fledgling

100% need this!  Once a month we have a person at the house during the day for a few hours.  We are at work so the only way to stop constant notifications is to turn it off.  Usually a day or two before I remember!

Stan777
Follower
Just an idea.... How cool would it be to access a camera pause feature from a quick phone drop-down. For example, you're leaving the house but but don't want to log in and change the camera a status - you simply hit pause and the cameras sleep for 5 minutes as you get in the car and drive away then they go back on.

Another scenario: you're at work but the landscaping crew comes in and your cams go off. It would be nice to be able to snooze them for 30 mins. Would save alot of battery and phone work.

If this already exists I apologise and would love to hear how you implement. If not I think it's a great thing to look into. Thoughts?
TomMac
Guru

Good idea, it's been posted many times....

do believe it's in the wish area, more kudos to it, more chance of it happening

TomMac
Guru
Qwarks
Fledgling

Came here to suggest the same. An easy snooze feature 30 min, 60 min and soon.

Qwarks
Fledgling

@clouvion wrote:

when going out to water my yard for example, I disarm the system to avoid wasting batteries on dozens of recordings.

but thewn I sometimes forget to put it back on;

I would love a feature in Disarm mode where I could disarm for n minutes; (then auto switch back to schedule)

Came here to suggest the same. An easy snooze feature 30 min, 60 min and soon.