Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
Webdad
Novice

+1 for this feature.  Without this feature, what is the best way to even deactivate a schedule without losing it?  I tried to turn off my schedule, but it seemed the camera was already in motion sensing mode.  So I wound up setting the "All motion off" rule on the page where you turn on the schedule..  That seems to have done the trick, I just have to remember to turn the schedule back on after the yard work is done for the day.

I have schedules saved so that I am not recording when I am normally home.  However, occasionally I am around the house at those times, so I turn all motion off to conserve battery and eliminate the alerts.

I think it would be great if you could set up a reminder of sorts to remind you after 1,2 or 4 hour intervals if you have motion disabled.

Also, a button on the main screen of the app with a "Disable for 1 Hour" or something, where you can easily just suspend the service and not have to worry about re-enabling.

JamesC
Community Manager

hauchinango,

Welcome to the community! This is a great idea, more options for reminders/snooze/quick disable for modes could definitely prove useful. Thank you for sharing your idea!

MrDan
Novice

Very happy with product performance, ease of use and installation.  When home for the day it would be handy to have a button on Mode page to Deactivate until next scheduled event.  Currently user needs to remember to turn back on at end of day.

thanks,

DR

JamesC
Community Manager

A very useful suggestion, thanks for sharing!

Jackste
Onlooker
Are there any plans to create a snooze function for the Arlo schedule (or even for when the camera is set to motion on)?

There are times when the camera is set to motion on and I get alerts eg the window cleaner is in the garden. Rather than having the turn the Schedule completely off (and then later having to remember to turn it on) to avoid getting repeated notifications, it would be better if I could select to snooze the camera for a selected period (15,30,45,60 min) after which it will revert back to the schedule.
TomMac
Guru

good idea....

Best is if you post your idea here ; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

If it gets a lot of 'kudos' then maybe it will get picked up

Jon-C
Novice
A location-based auto mode change would be great. For example when I'm home I don't need to record every time my living room camera detects motion. But when I'm not home I wanna know what's moving in my house!
bahamas10
Follower

+1

I have 2 modes: "All Motion On" and "All Motion On minus Front Door". I like to leave "All Motion On" whenever possible, but don't want to be alerted whenever I leave the house.

I would love to be able to pull down my notification bar (iOS) and tap a "snooze" button to switch from "All Motion On" (or whatever my current mode is) to "All Motion On minus Front Door" (or any other mode) for 1,5,10,X minutes and then switch back to whatever the original mode was.

CCWu
Fledgling

I would agree with this.  I've been trying to figure out the best work around.  I'm trying to figure out if rule #1 can "trigger" the video camera, rule #2 turns off the video camera (ie it triggers once), put it in one mode and then run the mode "once an hour".