Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
Onlooker

Yes, I agree.  This is driving me crazy...  I also forget to re-arm the cameras after I disarm them.  Very common when I am out doing chores in the yard for hours...  I would use this feature at least once a week.

Guide

Does no good to post, they could care less about service after the sale.

Aspirant

I need the ability to temporarily pause my cameras for a designated amount of time. This cannot be that hard to implement. The idea has been out there for years now and Arlo hasn't figured out a way to get this implemented? Take a week off from building new cameras and just get this basic enhancement completed. 

Initiate

This was implemented some time ago.  Go to settings, there is a "Mute Notifications" option that you can set for 30m, 1/3/24 hours.

Apprentice

I believe the request and this thread is titled “ temporarily suspend video and audio recording!!!”  Not, mute notifications.  So no, this was not implemented.  The idea is to preserve battery by not needlessly recording.  

Fledgling

Actually I did not know about this mute feature. This will work for me. Thanks!

Aspirant

Mute works for me as well.

I just re-read my comment above and it sounded rude. Apologies for that.