Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
Shuckz
Onlooker
It would be nice if there was a quick button that would pause motion recording or pause the alerts. There are plenty times when I get home early or leave late and I get constant alarms, so then I disarm the system and for get to rearm it, it would be nice to just pause it for an hour. Thanks
Cynortas
Aspirant

I would like to see another feature in the app and on the web, namely to toggle a switch to turn on a selected mode and after a certain period of time, e.g. two hours, the service would automatically go back to the previous mode I had before I turned on the switch. For instance, when working in the garden during the day time, I do not want my camera to record, but I want it to record after I have finished working. I somewhat know how long time I will spend in the garden, but I am not sure that I will remember to turn on the camera or previous mode after working, and thus, a feature to switch back to the previous mode after a certain time would be appreciated. I would like to be able to set the time interval myself, or be able to choose among a set of options in hourly intervals.

I am aware of the Schedule mode, and I use it, but since I do not work in my garden every day, only occasionally, I cannot use the schedule mode to plan when to record using this.

I hope to hear from you.

Best regards,
Cynortas

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I hate it when I forget to manually re-enable my disabled Arlo cameras. I needed to disable them to do outdoor works. 😞 Arlo needs to add a timer to re-enable its cameras after X (minute/hour/days)s.

Thank you for reading and hopefully implementing it soon. 🙂

groorj
Novice

This!

Dsgoren12
Fledgling

I agree.  I often manually disable Arlo when I’m mowing the lawn, having lots of guests over, etc.  there are many times I forget to enable it, leaving me unprotected.   A “disable for xx minutes” (configurable) would be perfect!

oaspirit
Tutor

One more vote for this feature!  I also need the ability to pause all recording/notifications.  We are often busy outside and trigger all 4 Ultra cameras for the duration of whatever we are doing.  Would love to temporarily pause in increments of hours.  The "Mute notifications" is only a partial solution, but even that only seems to mute on the device you set it at, not for all devices...  I don't need or want recordings of us working or playing in the yard.  This is very annoying, please add this seemingly simple feature to the product.  

ARF1
Onlooker

I find I neeed to disable my backyard camera when theer is a lot activity, for example I am having a BBQ in my backyard. I dont want to temporarily disble alerts for ALL my cameras (current feature) and I dont want it recording all my back yard activity while there is known actvity. The solution is to disable this camera using my iPhone. The problem is remembering to reactivate it.

I would like to know if there is a schedule feature that will allow me to set a time to automatically Activate any/all deactived cameras at a certain time (example 9pm). This is so I dont have to rely on someone remembering to reactivate any inactive cameras. I have not been able to do this with the current schedule feature which requires both an on and off setting.

DaveJeffries
Novice

On the Disarm page of the Arlo App, there are two choices;  Arm and disarm

It might be helpful to have a couple of other choices, to avoid leaving all items turned off.

For example, in addition to the above choices, why not make a disarm "timer" for

Disarm for 1 hour

Disarm for 4 hours

Disarm for 24 hours.

(or whatever works best)

I have had issues with disarming all cameras and devices for an outdoor event. (Barbecue, mowing the lawn, etc) then forgetting to re-arm the system after I have finished.  It might be a good idea to disarm for a specific time period, rather than simply turning the system OFF, indefinately.

Thanks!

qu2000cheng
Novice

It would be nice if we could disable the cameras for 30min or 1 hour or so. We can mute notifications currently, but the cameras are still running while muted.

MikeHofer
Aspirant

Is this a dead request with Arlo?  Almost 5 years ago and still nothing?  I would use this all the time!  If I'm working in the yard I have to disable cameras but I keep forgetting to turn them back on!