Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
halo311
Aspirant

Well, looks like they are not listening to their customers.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a comparable camera that runs on battery and is wifi...and has this feature? 

Heislerauto
Onlooker

Ring they have this feature

Ring only suspends notifications on a single device and does not suspend recording.   

Heislerauto
Onlooker

Suspended notifications would be awesome arlo doesn’t do crap! Guess they don’t care what people are asking fir look at the age of this thread ! Ring it is by poor customer service is forcing this! Love the cameras but honestly forget to easily to turn them back on and miss things because of this! ARLO ARE YOU LISTENING TO THIS THREAD!? 

Gellie
Aspirant

Does anyone know how I can stop notifications on this forum ? I tossed my arlo many months ago due to the lack of this feature.

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice

Just follow the links at the bottom of the emails you get to change your preferences or unsubscribe 

Sagaragrawal
Fledgling

From the messages here it seems that you guys ignored Arlo's email announcement of new mobile app which does have ability to Mute Notifications, not the recording. It would be nice to have that additional option but is not a deal breaker. 

New App, not update, was released on 9/23/2019. Version is 2.9.2.

You need to go to Settings and you will find Mute Notifications option. 

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice

You are right that is nice but  that does not solve the real reason for this request and that is the battery drain.  It doesn’t notify me but it still records.  I’m 1700 miles away from one of my properties and need to stretch the batteries longer.   I don’t understand why they did not address this when they addresses the notifications.  I wonder if it is a requirement for developers to actually use these products in their own home so they can truly understand what the consumer experiences and not just use them in a lab setting.  Maybe then our suggestions would ring home.

ltrain
Aspirant

I'm definitely pricing out RING as an option. I think Amazon has a better commitment to their customers.

halo311
Aspirant

@Sagaragrawal 

Based on your message, you seem to have not read what we are requesting.  We want the ability to temporarily suspend recordings, not notifications.  Heck, it's even in the title. Lol. Anyone can mute notifications on their phone (any app), that is not what we are requesting.