Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
azarloGuy
Apprentice

Yes that is nice but what this thread has been asking for for years still has not been delivered.  We want to not only mute but most importantly suspend recording temporarily to conserve battery life.  It's not cost effective to travel 1700 miles to our winter home in the summer because our batteries have worn out due to our Gardner or other people who come to check on the house setting off the system needlessly.  Hopefully they can figure that part out in our lifetime because so far it's been not even discussed by arlo.

Stan777
Follower

Good point, didn't realize it still records. Again, haven't messed with it yet, literally download the app half hour ago. There should be an option to record video or no while on mute. I don't understand their logic, it seems like such an easy, obvious thing. 

AdamEntity
Novice

This is exactly what we need, however there's still no solution?

It's a pain to have to disable and then you forget to re-enable alerts. It just makes sense to have a snooze alerts option with the ability to set the time.

Heislerauto
Onlooker

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a “disarm” timer! I always turn off while kids ar outside or lawn guys here and forget to turn back on! You need to put a “suspend” or “disarm” for a set time say 30 mins,1 hour,2 hour then system will turn back on. My ring doorbell has this as do other systems I cannot always remember to turn back on which makes system useless and I know others have asked with no help from Arlo.

I wish there was a way to mute the recordings for a period of time, like a few hours... I usually change the mode to disarmed but then I forget to arm it back...
nesportsfan1
Fledgling

It appears this has been a recommendation started years ago. I'm not sure why they can't add this feature.  I simple timed hold option would be great.  Family schedules change and geofencing doesn't always work in all situations.  I would be great to hold all or specific cameras for a specific amount of time before returning to normal schedule. It would save me time erasing dozens of recordings of my son and neighborhood kids shooting hoops! I realize its easy to turn the system off, it's the remembering to turn it back on that's the challenge.  

azarloGuy
Apprentice

Exactly the point!

Heislerauto
Onlooker

I guess they just do not listen seems like alot of people are asking for a temporary disarm but Arlo doesn’t give a crap looks like I am switching to Ring they have this option! 

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice

Listen to customers?  What’s that?  This is a textbook case of how not to run a company yet the executives are lining their pockets while the shareholders are losing their shorts in this public fiasco of a company.  $22 a share about a year ago now 3.32 a share.  That should tell you how badly this company is being managed.  They should fire them all and start over.  Unfortunately all the people who own their cameras will soon have expensive paperweights if someone doesn’t take the reigns and lead this company forward.  They have good hardware but terrible software and terrible customer support.

Heislerauto
Onlooker

Bmwdriver holy crap! Yea I am just going to get rid of this system  now I did not realize it was that bad! And look you are correct nobody has responded or done anything about this simple fix.