Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
gterry
Onlooker

As you can see over 300 hundred post on this subject, and to my knowledge not one comment from the developer.  There’re not listening or don’t care..  After some research, for the alternative, I changed out my Arlo cameras for the Ring Stickup Cams.  These cameras will also run wireless on batteries, plus they have a snooze feature.  So far they’re working out great.  They also seem to have a better picture when compared side by side to the Arlo.  Since the Arlo cameras have a Geofencing feature that turns the cameras off when I’m at home and their small size I’m still keeping the Arlo cams for inside the home, for now.

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice

It’s beyond comprehension that this has been going on for almost 4 years.  Totally unresponsive company that is now public.  Wonder what their board of directors would think of their support team.  Not sure they are aware of the dissatisfaction with their company.  Shame on netgear.  We’ve stopped buying their products totally.

Sircoynie
Apprentice

Sadly, the Directors are the problem. The CEO is on Twitter (@mbmcrae) and ignores everything regarding fixing customer issues. 

Seriosuly, we need to all try and find a way to move away from this platform, it has not and is not getting any better, and worst of all THEY REALLY DON'T CARE!!!

clouvion
Tutor

I contacted the SVP of Design (https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottmcmanigal/) a week ago about it, no response.

After 4 years, it is clear this forum is only for venting. No one listens. Moving on.

Qwarks
Fledgling
Why are we not getting any feedback from the arlo team regarding suggestions?

Many great ideas has been presented over the years but no one in the arlo team seem to listen.. why is that.?

The arlo product could be the best there is with simple minor tweaks suggested by users.

We really need you guys to listen to us...

I have tried facebook, emails, suggestions and now this. Why are you presented on those medias if not for user communication?
Gellie
Aspirant

LOL Move on folks! arlo/netscape and thier design team are dinosours! Using 2013 technology!  There are much better companies making much cutting edge technology for the same price. 

ltrain
Aspirant

My son plays basketball in our backyard. Usually after school but not always. When he's out there I usually disable my cameras to stop all the mobile pushes to my mobile devices. But I often forget to switch them back on.  While I know I can create a schedule to reduce this pain (he often plays after school) what would be more useful is a mode where I can disable the camera for a set period of time and have them reactivate themselves automatically. 

2carm
Novice

The ability to have the system auto arm after a specified time would be a nice additional function. I do not have a schedule for completing outdoor and other random tasks. I'm not interested in using the geofencing feature and the scheduling feature is cumbersome to setup for random shorterm needs .  I would like the ability to set a time frame or time to autmatically re-arm after disarming. Others might have a use for auto disarming after a specific time frame or at a specfic time being armed.

esegovia
Novice

This is a great idea. One should be able to disable all or specific cameras for a period of time. Many times I disable a camera because we are in the patio, outside, etc. And I forget to turn it on again.

Arlo please make this happen. It will make a good product even better.

esegovia
Novice

Yes please make this happen. I often disable a camera in the patio or outside because we have guest, etc. And then forget to turn it back on.

C’mon Arlo make a good product even better.