Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
Brandyofvenus
Onlooker

I’m another vote for this. I have 5 cameras and can’t go sit on the porch and have coffee an nice days or sit outside on Sunday afternoon with family without 1400 notifications. 

NoelHastings
Initiate

I commented very early on with this thread and I STILL AGREE! A “pause” button with something like “15 minutes” “1 hour” “until tomorrow” or something similar. SIMPLE TO IMPLEMENT. 

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice

Agreed it’s a feature we need for

reasons beyond just going outside.  You can easily deal with that.  Here’s one way, maybe it’s been suggested already, but if not here is what works for me.  I use geofencing  in the app to detect when we are home.  Both my wife and my phone are setup in the app to detect if we are home.  We have a schedule setup to disarm the cameras when we are home during the hours of 6am to 11:30 pm then arm after that until 11:59 pm and again from 12:00 am to 6:00 am because you can’t roll over midnight in the app.  Seems to be a limitation. In geofencing we tell the app to set to armed when away and to schedule when the app detects we are home.  This works perfectly for us as the system only arms if we are both out of the area or 11:30 pm has arrived on the clock.  This way when we go to bed we know that the perimeter of the house is protected.

lsd777
Fledgling

I would like to know how to do the following: My husband is at work and does not want to hear the notifications from Arlo on his phone. He has to keep his phone ringer on to get other calls, so turning off the phone is not an option. But I have my phone tied to the same Arlo base station, and I want to still hear the notifications. How does he shut the notifications off while he is in a meeting while still pushing notifications to MY phone?  We need a button that stops notifications temporarily while still recording any motion and allowing others to still get notified if they are hooked to that base station.

@mfitzy8 wrote:

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

If he has an iPhone, he can go into Settings, Notifications and either turn off Sounds or turn off Arlo notifications completely.

Joker999
Onlooker

I can't believe we don't have a 'snooze' feature for Arlo after all this time. This is the only major bugbear that I hit with the system - when someone goes outside to cut the grass, or take the recyclign out etc., you just need some way to temporarily disable Arlo and have it automatically come back online. I often forget to re-enable it, resulting in a gap in security coverage. Geofencing doesn't cut it for me because you still need security when you're in the house, e.g. a prowler could be outside while you are sleeping and you would not catch that on camera because ... you are at home sleeping so that's OK? Vandalism can still occur while you're at home and so on.

@mfitzy8 wrote:

I use geofencing with schedules, so we can have the cameras activated outside when we are home, but not during hours when we are likely to be outside around the house.   But a snooze is still required for ad hoc visits by approved people at times when the cameras would normally be active.  The best workaround is to schedule a reminder to turn re-arm the system after some period of time.  That way you at least have a reminder.

chelser
Onlooker

Everyone in this group needs to post on their Facebook page. I did and got a reply within a few hours!!! Said they are working on it. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

clouvion
Tutor

@chelser I just did; tx for idea; I also sent a direct message through FB messenger;

DigitalAlien
Aspirant

If you are fed up with these crappy and very expensive Arlo cams like I am you should check out the Wyze cams. I have purchased several Wyze Cams  and these things are awesome and ~$25.00! They have Wifi but are not battery powered. However the trade-off is worth it. These things have continuos recording via SD Card and free notification cloud storage of 12 second video clips (do wish this was a bit longer but if you use an SD card as well more video is stored on there). They do not have a snooze feature but you can add a ON/OFF button to your home screen to easily turn notifications off for a while.  All while the camera still records but as they are not battery powered who cares? Also, they just added RTSP so you can connect them to your own local computer to do cool stuff with. They also record through Windows perfectly, but there are also outdoor cases available and they are releasing outdoor cameras soon!