Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
Mili
Aspirant

I find myself leaving the cameras on and just let it ding constantly or mute the phone since otherwise I hardly ever remember to re-enable the cameras if turned off. Pause button would be extremely useful. Should be good for Arlo as well as it won't create a million useless videos of me mowing the lawn  🙂 

EYESCAN
Tutor
It would be great to have an autoarm option to allow temporary disarm of the system. For when you are doing yard work, hosting an event, etc. It would save battery and prevent forgetting to rearm after the event or activity is over. Have 3 options for a temporary disarm: 30 mins, 90 mins or custom.
TomMac
Guru

Post above here if not already.... if it is then give it kudos ( more kudos, more likely it will happen)

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

EYESCAN
Tutor
It would be great to have an autoarm option to allow temporary disarm of the system. For when you are doing yard work, hosting an event, etc. It would save battery and prevent forgetting to rearm after the event or activity is over. Have 3 options for a temporary disarm: 30 mins, 90 mins or custom.
ShawnK88
Fledgling

I’m very surprised that a “snooze” setting has not been added to the app.  If I’m sitting on my deck on a summer day, my Apple Watch and phone are continuously displaying alerts.  Same scenario when I’m working in the yard or garage.  Seems like such an easy feature to add.  

I’m actually considering switching to a Ring camera that already allows a snooze with various time options.  PLEASE add this feature!

mhnatt
Luminary

SNOOZE TIME:

30 min is too short for lawn and 90 is too long. 60 would be just right. But rather:

30,60,90, 4hrs, 8hrs, 1-day, 2-days, custom

SNOOZE TYPE (check one or both)

snooze notifications

snooze recordings

dimak
Novice

Would love to suspend all or individual cameras for a period of time (30 min / 1 h).  The use case is pretty simple - It would be great to see the alarm when the house cleaning crew or the gardener comes, but the constant alerts are really annoying.  Right now the only way to avoid the constant notifications is to turn the system off, which leads to having it off for a few days if you do not remember to turn it on right away.

Thank you

chelser
Onlooker
My thoughts here everyone needs to ditch Arlo and start using Nest! It’s pretty obvious this company doesn’t give a crap about what it’s users want, I am willing to bet they don’t even read these comments. I have 9 cameras and a subscription subscription. It’s been a year since I first put this post up and still such a simple programming is not completed. Most other camera systems like this already does have this feature and I will be cancelling my subscription and switching to another system. Enough is enough with crappy customer service!!!!!!!!!
GeoJoe
Onlooker

Absolutely agree.  This request has been raised by some many users.  I can not be very difficult to program this.  It is an essential feature.  Arlo needs to comment on this urgently.  They send promotional material advertising new hardware but are fail to address this critical issue

clouvion
Tutor

ditto; can't take more than 2 weeks of development; being annoyed every week: either get too many notifications when someone is in the yard, or turn system off and forget to put it back on. 

Might want to contact 

Scott McManigal -Senior Vice President of Design and Experience at Arlo

https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottmcmanigal/