Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
adacrobe
Fledgling
Is there a way to snooze the cameras for a certain period to avoid picking up motion and recording? Frequently I forget to arm the cameras after disarming when I will be working around them and this would be a nice feature. I.e. being able to hit a snooze button for a period of time and a specific camera or cameras will go into disarm mode and then return to the previous state after the selected snooze period is over.
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

sibley777
Onlooker

I have a similar but different request, which you might consider in tandem with this:

I use Geofencing all the time but what I really want is to set geofencing or scheduling for specific devices, not all.  I don't want my indoor cameras running when I'm home (geofencing good for that) but I do want my outdoor cameras running even when I'm home.  But I am forced to choose all-on or all-off.  So I would like to be able to set geofencing/scheduling just for specific devices = my indoor cameras.

Instead I am having to manually switch one camera or else the whole system on and off each day.  This would be related to the ask to have a temporary hold on specific cameras or the entire system.   In that example, think about that Apple iPhones allow you to switch off WiFi or Bluetooth once until the next day when it automatically restores.

Thanks

Kingbetsy555
Aspirant

Yes  this would be a great idea with a calendar to tap the dates I will be home on holidays instead of the normal away-at-work schedule. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

jpetito4
Aspirant

Come on now Arlo, “Snooze” is obviously a much needed and sought after feature. It’s available on my Ring Dorbell app. The various threads on this subject should make it apparent that customers want this. Let’s get it going. No need to delay getting this feature. 

I think a Snooze function for modes would be very well received.  However, I would NOT like it to be like the Ring Door Bell snooze that some people have mentioned.  My experience with Ring Snooze is that it only silences notifications on the device on which I hit snooze.  So I have to hit snooze on my devices and my wife’s devices in order to silence the alerts when we are actively working around our front door.  It is nuts!  Only useful in single device households.

I want Snooze to really act as a “temporary disarm”.  Don’t record and don’t notify anyone during the snooze period.  Disarm for the next “n” minutes and then go back to my normal mode.

It appears there are several ideas here that are basically the same thing.  “snooze”.  It seems like they should be consolidated.

CTCMachine
Novice

Or, at least turn off notifications during a specific time frame.