Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
Vinnie214
Novice
I like to disarm my cameras when mowing the lawn or washing the cars, it would be nice if you could set the amount of time you want the cameras off and automatically turn back on.
Madein1953
Novice

I'd like to see a new Mode added.  Often I'm doing something in the driveway for an hour or two (washing the car, loading the RV, etc.).  I turn the cameras off to avoid all of the notices while I'm doing that.  Unfortunately, I often forget to turn them back on and then I'm left without cameras recording during the night.  How about adding a Mode option to turn off notifications for an hour or two and then authomatically turn the system back on?

mvts
Novice

Hi,

It would be great if the app could pause every camera for 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc. Instead of turning off the camera in the menu or using the geo function. For example if I'm at home and should be in front of the camera for a while, it would be good to be able to pause it for a certain time and then automatically start again.
chrisngrod
Apprentice

I added a Ring camera at the back of my home just to capitalize on the strengths and weaknesses of each.

I kept on forgetting to put the Arlo back into a custom mode and would leave it unarmed when I needed it the most.  Only thing is my Ring cameras are powered and they only snooze notifications.  I have it triggering the Arlos, but it could potentially run down their batteries.

Branchm7
Onlooker

Yes, set a temporary cameras off time to mow grass. And not have  hundreds of recordings, and not having to remember to arm them when done. 

shortstopk
Fledgling

Please enable/add this feature. This is my second time posting in this thread. It's the only thing I want this camera to do that it doesn't already do. 

Just to give an example why this feature is important:

Typically I have this turned on so I get an alert for any activity during the day while I'm at work.

But if I or my wife stays home during the week, and goes in and out of the house, the camera will alert me ALL. DAY. LONG. So I turn it off out of frustration.

Then I forget to turn it back on and because most days I get 0 alerts, I don't even think about turning it back on. Sometimes weeks will go by before I remember, and all that time my cameras aren't recording. 

sommersb
Novice

A snooze for Arlo would be an awesome feature!

danlabrie
Novice

When mowing the lawn, snowblowing, etc., it would be a great feature if when being notified, a sleep mode /temporary pause option showed up allowing for different lengths of time in minutes (10, 20, 30, 60).  Currently, after being peppered with alerts, we shhut off the camera.  The problem is we often forget to turn it back on.

JoBu-NY
Tutor

it would be great if there was a "pause" option ... for example, I need to go bring in groceries so I pick a setting that says "for the next 20 minutes do not record" ... or I need to mow my lawn so I set it for an hour. After that time limit is reached the cameras automatically go back into ARMED mode and start recording again.  I know an option is I just select 'DISARM' but there has been a few times I'm rushing around after I disarmed the system and I forget to turn it back on.

Would also be nice to have a reminder option such as after an hour you get an alert just reminding you your system is disabled

mhnatt
Luminary

Queston: why have “Arlo Idea Exchange” with 19 pages of supporting comments if such a simple request is ignored?