Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
ewb110
Observer

@JamesC - when will you or YOUR COMPANY reply to these ongoing requests for this feature?

ewb110
Observer

Need to find the email addresses (or twitter handles) of the following Netgear Arlo leadership team:

- Patrick C.S. Lo, CEO of Netgear

- Patrick J. Collins III. Senior Vice President of Arlo Smart Home Products

Alpesh Darji, Sr Software Engineer of Arlo Smart Home Products

Rajinder Singh, Director of Product Architecture Arlo Smary Home Products

Wolfy312
Initiate

Yes this would be great, we have a front door notification, but when the kids are playing out front and going in and out 100 times an hour it would be great to suspend it for a few hours without having to remember to turn it back on.

LittleBlueBlock
Onlooker

Snooze function would be would make me a happy user. 

ewb110
Observer

Home with my sick kid today.  Just “manually” disarmed the Arlo cameras.  Hoping @JamesC and the Netgear engineering team have a solution that will turn them back on tomorrow automatically.  

Who am I kidding!  They don't read these messages.

dspeers
Initiate

So I put my reuqest in for this feature here 2 years ago in this very thread.  I also have a Ring camera and they got this request and added a snooze feature in about 6 months.  Its actually quite nice to be able to snooze motion detection.  I have 5 arlo cameras now and while I do like them, my next camera will be a Ring unless netgear gets their act together. 

ewb110
Observer

Thanks @dspeers!

I just spent some time reaching emails & twitter accounts for Arlo’s leadership team.  Looks like Matt McRae, CEO of Arlo is pretty active on Twitter. 

https://twitter.com/mbmcrae

I would recommend everyone send him a personal tweet or message if this feature is important to you. 

Wakey
Star
I've seen it suggested elsewhere but we need a snooze button.
I can't set up a schedule because there's very little uniform movement.
But for example yesterday my kids played football in the back garden.
Today my wife hung out some washing to dry which was triggering Arlo.
I can go in and turn a camera off, or set to a different custom mode, but yesterday I forgot to switch it back on.
A simple snooze button (configurable snooze time in 15 minute intervals) would mean you could just hit it, to snooze (switch off) for maybe an hour, before turning itself back on. Or the snooze could mean it just doesn't record and alert.
We need this Arlo.
Wolfy312
Initiate

Another consideration would just be a limit to the number of alerts within a time period for a given camera.  For example "limit push alert for this camera to x per hour".  I like the fact that the camera records, but just don't want my phone buzzing each time once I've received the first 2 notifications that hour.

dehory
Onlooker

Yet another "Yes please"!