Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
Lundyman
Fledgling

Thank you for bringing this up! I have done the same and forget to turn it back on almost every time. It would be SO nice to have a preset timer to disable all cameras (or maybe even a select few) and have them turn back on automatically after a specific timeframe. I really hope Arlo puts this feature in!

ewb110
Observer

Another month of investigating by Netgear’s engineering team.  @JamesC any updates on this feature from your team of engineers?

mhnatt
Luminary

Awesome idea. Please invovate.

Jacit1
Follower
@james Any updates? There should be progress on this by now. The demand is high for this type of feature. Thank you.
mhnatt
Luminary

Would Netgear please acknowledge the enormous support for this idea and why it appears so impossible to add the feature? Thanks!

speng73
Novice

For kids, yard work, and any other (ADHOC) activtivities that cannot be covered by a predefined schedule, this would be vey useful. This is a weekly problem, since I have to remember to change the mode once the adhoc activity has ended. Can easily forget to do so, eaving the house/family more vulnerable.

mhnatt
Luminary

Perhaps Netgear has already answered and since there is almost 200 comments about this, we just cannot find their answer. Or more likely, they have already implemented the feature since it would be crazy for them to have ignored this for so long 🤓

cneu
Observer

This is so ignorant, errogant and stupid. Do you, people, know what they spend their time with? Most of the stuff consists of -

- Latvian language support
- Moved base station siren/alarm button to new pull down menu at the top of the device page
- Updated library filter UI
- UI and warning message updates for Arlo Pro 2
- App UI text updates
- Added Usage Notifications for Arlo Go cameras with Arlo Mobile plans
- Added Lithuania language Support
- Fixed a bug that prevents sharing a video clip to YouTube
- Donate option for Video Clips
- LED on/off control for Arlo Go
- Removed Subscription options
- Fixed duplication of camera devices observed by some customers on the Devices tab
- Addressed the truncated mode/rule screen observed by some Arlo Pro customers
- NETGEAR Single Sign On (SSO) is now enabled. It is designed to help Arlo users to use their login for other NETGEAR apps like Genie
- Rename “Cameras” tab to “Devices” ta…
- Geofencing feature added to Rules Management [Beta]
- Resolved Media Counter bug
- YouTube video sharing…
- International language support for the new Arlo Q camera - German, Japanese, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Swedish

I am sure, all of the foregoing is more important than to provide one of the most basic and yet important features. I am sure that YouTube video sharing is more important! Geofencing is more important! Latvian language is more important! Counter bug is more important! Heck, it will not work well without the Donate option! Who cares about the ability to temporarily turning it off so that it will not bombard with false alarms! We'll just hire a bunch of investigators. They'll have years to investigate! As I stated before - you, guys, are idiots!

Schorschi
Prodigy

So, how much deader do you guys think you can beat this horse?

ENOUGH ALREADY !

Move along, nothing to see here.

mirhende
Fledgling

Another vote of "yes please" for this idea.  I've gone to Disarm mode for either lawn work or kids playing the yard, but forget to re-arm sometimes.  Would be nice to have a Disarm "timer", for 1, 2, 3...etc hours.  Then, the system goes back into Armed mode.  Similarly, I know of other apps that do this, like Box, where you can lock a file for a set of time, and then the locks expire in case the user forgot to unlock.  Thanks!