Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
TomMac
Guru

In the meanwhile, you can write a new set of modes ( copy the other one ) but with a lower sense level... call it "windy" and use during stormy days.

Hilary
Novice

Would love love love to see a 'snooze' option in the app. We use the app on a schedule to monitor our office, although sometimes people will come in during scheduled 'armed' hours (cleaner, staff picking things up etc). Would be fantastic to have the ability to 'snooze' the schedule for an hour when we've identified the person on the camera, as at the moment we either have to put up with many notifications, or 'disable' the cameras - often forgeting to re-arm them again! 

mhnatt
Luminary

Agreed. This would be helpful as well when the lawn crew is buzzing by the house (battery drain in addition to constant false alarms).

Another idea would be a "tolerance level" feature.  In otherwords, don't notify me unless more than "x" triggers are made within "x" minutes. For example, I have learned to not worry about a single notification/trigger during the day, usually a false alarm like a bug or bird flying by the camera. But when I get several going off in a matter of a minute or two, I really know something is "up" and a human is messing around the house.

cwjones
Follower

+1 on this request. Whether you're hosting a party with people coming and going, or making lots of trips out to the car and back, there are times it would be great to simply say "Stop monitoring for half an hour!"

Eaglepowers
Novice

I want a snooze so bad I was actively seeking how to give feedback to suggest this until I found this thread.

Not sure why this feature hasn’t been added yet?  I guess it’s difficult to program?

Netgear- you’d be surprised on how much unwanted data you’ll save!

i recommended your product to a friend and he ‘s going to return it because it doesn’t have this feature.

I don't think it's hard at all - on the contrary, have a look at the excellent Ring app. They just implemented this exact feature, and it's awesome. Of course, they are a superior product, and this is evident from the moment you install their products.

I'm considering finally getting rid of these insanely frustrating Arlo cameras and replacing them with Ring floodcams. A little more expensive, but I simply can't rely on Arlo anymore. It takes me anywhere from 1-5 attempts to log in to a camera giving me an alert, if it lets me at all. 

I've replaced the system, worked with support, rebooted, reinstalled, replaced, blah blah blah. Add obvious deficiencies like this feature, and it's time to move on. 

Eaglepowers
Novice

My friend I mentioned also installed the Ring flood cams and prefers them over Arlo.

They're not perfect, of course, but it is SO refreshing to get an alert and be able to actually bring up the camera. I'll probably end up going with a hardwired system anyway, but for hard to cover areas I think the Ring products are far superior. Arlo refuses to acknowledge their issues. I have a strong wireless network, all kinds of things (including other video products) run just fine all over my house. Except Arlo.  

jayamilne
Follower

Good to know about the Ring products. Probably time to ditch Arlo entirely and go with them given the utter silence from Arlo on what appears to be a highly desired featured that should not be that difficult to implement.

cneu
Observer
I love Arlo cameras. But the inability to temporarily disable the alarms and Netgear/Arlo not doing anything about it for years now, actually pisses me off quite a bit.. I think, implementing this feature is a very easy fix! It is almost an every day annoyance that I have to deal with when strong winds set off my alarms. After disabling them, I always forget to re-enable them and with cameras turned off, I am running the risk of missing the potential criminal activities that I bought my Arlo cameras for to begin with! So, what's the point of having nice security cameras that are turned off? Maybe I should look into some alternatives to Arlo, where the maker not only has good hardware, but it also takes a better care of their service.