Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
Jontym
Aspirant

Certainly would be useful for me aswell if it can be done.

alexagui
Initiate

+1 

Would really appreciate a snooze feature as well.

Snooze for 30, 60, 90mins while lawn maintenance is doing yard work or kids playing in backyard.

Jb224
Initiate

DEFINATELY NEEDED!  Fist page shoukld be:

ARM NOW

DISARM NOW

ARM IN (Buttons 1, 5,10, 15, 30, 60) MINUTES

At the very least, a few minute delay so we don't get texts when we leave our door or driveway.  Alarm systems all have a delay so you can exit.

six2pelham
Follower

How about a way to disarm the cameras by taking it off schedule but only have it disarmed for specific timeframe like 30,60,90,120 minutes. Then the schedule kicks back in.

JSmoth
Novice
It would be great if you could I could quickly temporarily disable the camera for set intervals such as 15 mins, 30 mins, 60 mins, 2 hours, etc. I often have to disable my cameras due to a conflict with one of my schedules such as the maid coming over to clean for a couple of hours or my daughter coming home from school early. When I have to disable the camera for whatever reason I often forget to enable the schedule again.
mrroedig
Fledgling

Disarm for 1-3 hours would be a worthwhile feature.  I find myself having to set a reminder via an external app when the mowers or landscapers are working.  

TheKskis
Star

I would be nice to have a temporary dis-arm mode that allows you to dis-arm for a set amount of time (minutes) and then have the system re-arm on its own.

dangtong
Novice

Come on Netgear. Why can't we have this temp disarm feature? 

jguerdat
Guru

It's a bit dated but:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange/status-key/engineering-...

At least to some degree, you can monitor progress using the menu at the left in the Idea Exchange forum.

ArloPro65
Guide

This is a great idea.  I don't need to see motion alerts from my backyard when I am mowing my lawn.  Pause recording for 30 minutes, 1 hour, etc.