Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
DMcCookie
Aspirant

+1 

great idea

bsmith922
Aspirant

I have my Arlo Pro system set up on a Schedule with various cameras on/off at different times of the day.  However, there are times when I need to disarm the camers for a small amout of time.

For instance, my garderns have arrived (and they are not on a rigidi schedule where I could program around this in the Arlo's schedule system), I get constant motion detection notifications from the front yard and porch cameras.  I then go to my app on Disarm the system.  I then have to remember to go back and set the Mode back to Scheduled at a later time.

Or, we take our kids to play out in the front yeard for a while, it's the same thing.  I get notifications of motion in the front yard and front porch, so I set the system to the DIsarmed Mode manually.  

The problem is that I sometimes (most times) forget to set the Arlo back to Scheduled for a couple hours.  It would be optimal that if you select the Disarmed Mode, there was a popup that allowed you to select from a few options, such as:  Disarm for: 15 Minutes, 30 Minutes, 60 Minutes, Indefinitely.   If I choose one of the time increments, the system would remain in Disarmed Mode for that time frame and then automaticaly revert to whatever Mode had been previously selected.  

In my case, if my gardener was out front, I could choose the Disarmed Mode, select the 15 Minutes option, and then forget about it.  In 15 minutes, the system would automatically revert to the Scheduled Mode.

Apologies if this has been previously requested, but I ddn't find a similar request when searching.  Hope others find this to be an interesting and useful request!

Thanks!

bsmith922
Aspirant

This is a great idea!  I posted a similar idea before I stumbled across this.  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/When-Setting-to-Disarmed-Mode-Add-Option-to-Disa...

Hope it gets implemented.

I'd like a new Mode, or feature on the Mode Page, that has an Armed Timeout period. Since this is a wireless system, the battery gets chewed up upon recording. If I'm working in the yard then camera goes nuts recording virtually all the time. Not to mention the constant email alerts!  I'd like for a Mode to be able to go to Sleep for a set number of minutes. I know I can set the Mode to Disarm but that means I have to remember to ReArm when I'm done and I don't want to forget.

gavinha
Follower
Would love to have the ability to disarm the alarm but just for one hour. Allowing me time to do work in the area without constant alerts and forgetting to reenable after.
Jb224
Initiate
There should be an easy accessible button to disarm the system for 15 minutes so a family can leave the house and system will automatically turn back on.
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

Sailorboy123
Novice

I do have one request that would be great if you can pass it onto your development team. It would be a great if there was a option on the Arlo App that allows you to temporarily disable the system rather than turning it off and on. For example, if I get home early and I am working outside the cameras keep triggering. If I could go into the app and select "temporarily delay" for 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc. and then the cameras would resume their normal operation that would be an excellent feature. Right now if I turn it off I always forget to turn in back on. The delay feature would probably be well received by other customers as well.

PhilN
Novice

When a known event (say a yard service) comes to the property, i will receive multiple notifications.  Every few minutes, i will get another 10 second video recorded, for the 1-2 hours while they are on the property.  It would be a great feature to be able to open the app, and click a button to suspend notifications and/or recordings for xxx minutes.

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!