Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
TerryMW
Tutor

Is there any way to introduce a customisable delay before the system arms itself in response to your command?

Without this I am forever triggering an alert as I leave or enter the house.

We live in an area without cellphone signal so I can't do it via the net down the driveway, which is a pain anyway.

So I always have to be near enough to the base station to link up and in doing so get snapped which is an unneccessary waste of storage and batteries! 

I use the schedule were I can, but we're retired and so don't have many regular times to leave or return to the house.

A new feature or are there any suggestions out there?

TKNT81
Apprentice
I have a great idea for the Arlo app.

Is it possible to create a button in the Arlo app that inhibits the motion detection for lets say 5 minutes before it reverts to the armed mode.
My cameras are armed in the evening and during the night because my geofencing regulates to schedule when I am at home. When I need to go outside for just a minute the cameras start recording (when armed) but then I just dont want the cameras to record and sent me push notifications.
A single press in the app to inhibit all motion detection for a short while would be very useful.
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

RodNZ
Aspirant

I'd love to be able to disable alerts for an 30/60/90 minutes. For say when the lawn mower arrives.

pixelpan
Novice

I agree - a short-term pause function would be very helpful.  I have a similar situation, and didn't remember to rearm Arlo.  I ended up missing an important motion trigger the next day because of it.  

DidierG
Fledgling

Add a option to the mode settings to temporarily disable Arlo modes for a preset length of time, then return to the previous mode.

For example, If I'm going to be BBQing, I disable Arlo while I'm out there. However, I often forget to turn it back on when I'm done. If there were a disable option, for say two hours, that then went back into the mode I was in when I disabled, I wouldn't have to remember to turn it back on. 

Primeribfan
Initiate
Absolutely perfect idea. Either choose from standard times (eg 10, 15, 30 mins etc) or enter your own time (eg 1h30m)
ebonky
Onlooker

Just adding to the pile.  Sometimes Either I or the wife will need to work from home which is during the time we have the cameras scheduled to alarm on motion.  We then have to chose between either letting the alarms annoy the heck out of us for the rest of the day, or turning the system off, but risking forgetting to re-enable it later.  Any kind of 'snooze' or 'temporary disarm for X amount of time' feature would be very useful.  

Matt990
Novice
I want to have a schedule option where I can say "enable for # hours" bam done.

My wife and kids make geofencing unreliable and the only other scheduling option I see is the standard set a time of day and save it.

But what if my family is leaving for say 1 hour. I want a way that just say enable Arlo for 1 hour. When the hour is up, it will disarm unless I go and extend it or something. Heck, you could even build it into 3D Touch on iOS to make it crazy convenient.

Enable 1 hour.
Enable 2 hours.
Enable 3 hours.
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC