Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
LovelyNot
Apprentice

Yes, like 'Scheduled Downtime' in Nagios. In fact, that's open source, so netgear: Use that!

JustLearning
Apprentice
Base station showed 'disarmed' though I had left all cameras 'armed'! How is this possible?
TomMac
Guru

JustLearning wrote:
Base station showed 'disarmed' though I had left all cameras 'armed'! How is this possible?

It's electronic and crazy things can happen at times... sometimes the command may not really go thru or a power loss which may reboot the base, etc

I always jump back to the camera view and confirm the "running man" is black ( active ) in the cameras after setting

fatcat25
Aspirant

if it says its disarmed, it probably isnt set up to sent you any emails when it sees motion.  Try arming it and go into those settings (each camera) to check the actual settings,  I learned this  the hard way too.

jult
Star

Then do something about it already. Geez. How hard can it be? No software or firmware updates for quite some time.

Put your stuff on github already, we'll do the hard work for you, you lazy netgear people.

We paid well for the stuff, didn't we?

action8
Onlooker

Currently after disarm, the user has to remember to revert back to armed. But like antivirus softwares, when a user attempts to disarm AV, a popup option asks for how long to disable. Such would be greatly useful as a feature in ARLO as well, that is, to re'arm after a disarm with given options such as disarm for x minutes and ARLO shall revert back to the prior armed state in x minutes.

blberg
Fledgling
100% agree. At a minimum, a user should be able to "snooze" the entire system. Bonus points if it could be on a per camer basis.
JustLearning
Apprentice
My Arlo Q was armed and it didn't record when someone was in front of it and when I checked it had become disarmed but not by me. How is this possible?
fatcat25
Aspirant

If it were me I would call Arlo support and ask.  Unless there was a power outage that affected your wi-fi?  Make sure you SAVE your settings in ALL menu's.  When in MODE setting is where you adjust it.  Remember in Setting, its just to test it out.  That menu doesn't SET them.  Maybe it was armed in settings menu and not in the mode menu.  Try that before you call them.  Hope that makes sense

action8
Onlooker
last week again I forgot to arm my Arlos after I disarmed it., I disarmed it cuz my gardener was here .. And if I didn't disarm it they would set off the motion trigger over and over and over again .,